Looking for 7 Reel Gang Mower

tanqureshi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I have a sports field almost 5 acres requiring low mow cut for Cricket. I need to buy a used 5 or 7 reel Gang Mower. Please contact me if you have one for sale. I live in Niagara Region Ontario, Canada.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the Mower Buying & Pricing Forum. :smile:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF... Please post back with pictures when you locate a good set...
I have an older Toro set... Each reel is about 4 foot and must weigh over 300 pounds...
The set is incredible & It covers a lot of area quickly.
Check around the older golf courses, especially the private owned ones... they tend to have equipment that just collects and usually will part with it fairly reasonably...

I give my set a spin now & then just because they are fun... The only reason I do not use them regularly is I don't cut my grass that short, especially when summer kicks in, I cut at over 3 inch and that is a length that rotary cutters work better...

When looking avoid the small light weight gang sets, you will not like keeping them operating... Happy hunting, I hope you locate a good set, if we were closer I would consider parting with mine... but shipping would be very high... and like I said they are fun to pull... :smile:KennyV

Black Bart

Threads
I did a Google for 7 gang mower and a lot of places are selling them.

The pro models are not cheap.
I would not want the job of keeping these things sharp.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The pro models are not cheap.
I would not want the job of keeping these things sharp.

They are pricey but, will last for decades...

The newer commercial models are easy to sharpen... The reel removes easily, toss it on a lathe and turn it true, reshape the bed knife when needed.. Being as it cuts like a scissors they hold a sharp cutting edge for a long time... :smile:KennyV