Export thread

LMF Site DOWN !!

Boobala

Boobala

Any body find out who tripped over the electric plug to the Site .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Ronno6

Any body find out who tripped over the electric plug to the Site .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Let us not be concerned with placement of blame........
If it makes you feel any better, I will accept responsibility.
It has been FIXED ! so, move on........

D

Darryl G

Seems to be a recurring problem when the site's security certificate expires. This was the longest I've seen the site down for it.

Boobala

Boobala

Let us not be concerned with placement of blame........
If it makes you feel any better, I will accept responsibility.
It has been FIXED ! so, move on........

YES SIR, YES SIR, !! ... 3 Bags full !!

BlazNT

BlazNT

I would say it is more likely it was hacked seeing the certificate was installed 1 month ago.
https.jpg

Boobala

Boobala

I would say it is more likely it was hacked seeing the certificate was installed 1 month ago.
View attachment 41987

H F ... just where in Hell's half-acre do YOU find all this schitt ..???

BlazNT

BlazNT

H F ... just where in Hell's half-acre do YOU find all this schitt ..???

I used to do this for a living. I know more about security than most.

M

Muhammad

That's pretty much what happened too. :laughing::confused2:

Boobala

Boobala

That's pretty much what happened too. :laughing::confused2:

That's a down-side of having the site "Hard-Wired" .... Maybe we oughta talk to the Power Co. and go "Wireless" .. :laughing:..:laughing:

B

bertsmobile1

That's a down-side of having the site "Hard-Wired" .... Maybe we oughta talk to the Power Co. and go "Wireless" .. :laughing:..:laughing:

For the cyber illiterate ( that means you Boo ) Hackers pinch the security keys to allow peoples computers to connect with their criminal sites.

And wifi is just about the least secure part of a computer network unless it is via a dedicated encripted pair of bridges.
A customer who does home network security showed me one day at his home.
From his balcony he could link into 3 pages ( around 40 per page ) of peoples home computers.
He linked into one and within 10 minutes we had the persons name, wife's name, kids names, all the birthdays, kids schools, hubby & wife's jobs & work details, could have even gotten their tax numbers.
They both used password managers so he had access to all of their passwords for everything, I could not believe it was so easy to do on Windows machines.
That was the last time I used wifi at home apart from the bridge between the DSL line & the network ( only there to protect from lightning strikes ).

Boobala

Boobala

Well Bert, I never professed to being in your ELITIST class of Know It All's, .... But I get by.

a119d19d6d9b0544004a7248aa27a0eb (Small).jpg

Hey it's working, Yea !!!

B

bertsmobile1

Well Bert, I never professed to being in your ELITIST class of Know It All's, .... But I get by.

View attachment 41990

Just enough to understand how much I don't know and appreciate advice from those who do and act on the information.