Export thread

Lift lever on Husqvarna is reversed!

M

Mark13

Hi, I have a Husqvarna Rider 316T AWD. I was mowing some long grass and the cutting deck was getting blocked. I lifted up the cutting deck, cleared away the grass and then lowered the deck. All good so far but when I lowered the lift lever (to lower the cutting deck and commence cutting) nothing happened (the blades did not turn).
I then raised the lift lever (to raise the cutting deck) and the blades started turning! Crazy.
So the lifting lever has reversed itself. When I lower it the blades don't turn, when I raise it the blades do turn.
Any suggestions as to what's happened and how to fix it?

B

bertsmobile1

The height adjustment rod & the blade engagement rod can get crossed over each other when the deck is pushed up too high .
So pull the covers off as if you are going to flip the deck up, pull the two control rods off & refit them.

I LOVE these mowers but they are not designed to cut long grass, rather to chase the peacocks around my lords front lawn on a daily basis

M

Mark13

Thanks for the suggestion! I shall have a look after breakfast. Yes, the mowers aren't designed for long grass; in fact I might leave it as it is till I do the first cut of the season!