Level Mowing Deck

steptoe

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere D105 mower which is running great but the cutting deck is not level. I have the origional operator's manual but it does not explain how to level the deck. Can someone help please?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads

1695848495106.jpegThis guy needs to see how a blade leveling gauge is made , among other things i won't mention .

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I use the bolt and rod coupler in this picture on the blade tips.
1662409665750.jpeg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I use a set 3-4-5 blocks
3" x 4" x 5"
Slip one under each side then adjust till the blade touches ( or is roughly the same distance above ) the blocks on each side
On older models there is an adjuster each side so the move them the same amount in opposite directions till the deck is level left-right
Newer models just have an adjuster on one side ( cheapness )
Then turn the blades front back & check the attack angle ( nose down )
Check each end of the blades
If they are different then the blade or spindle is bent . do not use the top or bottom of the deck as blades are rarely true to the deck particularly on pressed decks .

Kevin Dibling

Forum Newbie
Threads
The first thing that has to be done is tire pressure,15lbs in the front,10 lbs in the rear,on a level surface measure the blade tips on each side and determine the low side(always measure the blade not the deck frame)
Raise the lowest side up till blade tips are even,then turn blade forward and tip should be 1/4 inch higher than the side height

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most manuals that I have read indicates having the leading edge lower than the trailing edge; not the reverse. Just reduces the cutting load on the deck.

Kevin Dibling

Forum Newbie
Threads
Most manuals that I have read indicates having the leading edge lower than the trailing edge; not the reverse. Just reduces the cutting load on the deck.
My bad you are right, i’m used to working on them not typing about them