Blades Leaves a strip

golftech

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is a 5 year old YTH20B42,used carefully since bought new. I've been a pro mechanic at a private country club for the last 27 years,so maybe a solution for this is too simple for me. It's always left a thin uncut strip between the blades. I've removed the deck a couple times,checked everything out,and can't find a problem. I've noticed the blades are 20 7/8" long,which leaves them(combined) a 1/4" short of 42 inch. The deck isn't cocked one way to obtain an overlap,and you can't adjust the deck so it will. I thought at first the blades were too short,so I bought another pair(oem 5321389-71) and they measured the same as the originals,and even had the same part number stamped on them. So,either I'm missing something,or Husqvarna did when they built these things. After Googling different variations of my problem,I've found a lot of owners have this or a similar problem.
I'm wondering, if I were able to find a pair of 22" blades that would fit,and I shaved a hair of all ends,if that would fix the problem. Yes, I have a blade balancer at work. :smile: