Learn learn learn

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
On my phone so this will be short.

The calipersI'm using are plastic. So the fun part is trying to figure out which way they're off. LoL.

I'm very careful not to squeeze too hard. But the 1.2 is what I get on the ends. So that's what I'm going with, from the site you linked.

From what I get from my cousin down there, almost everything is imported. So you folks are used to shipping times and costs.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Around 10 prime ministers ago we had the Keating Government
Prime Minister Keating had a funny idea about economics and really believed that a modern sofisticated advanced economy is based on service industries so he did everything he could to ruin agriculture & manufacturing.
He brought in "world parity pricing" so mines for instance could charge the much higher world price to local industry thus rendering them uncompetative.
Thus we have no manufacturing of any substance in this country any more.
The following Howard Government signed the USA - Australia free trade agreement which was the death knell for the automotive industry and now that it has gone there will never ever be any mass manufacturing in Australia any more.

Now getting back to your vernier.
Was that
or
IT does make a difference.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Finally got the rings in yesterday and pUT everything back together. And the FB25 runs pretty good.
I had some problem getting the carb adjusted. Probably because it's been setting for a while since I cleaned it. Still couldn't get a decent response time from low RPM to high.
But regardless of that. It does run good now.
The rings were a teeny bit thinner then the OEM. .03 vs .04oem.
I'm afraid they're going to slide passedan the pin eventually and really screw something up.