leaky gas tank

verlo

Forum Newbie
the gas tank on our LA135 John Deer is leaking on the seam. Can it be fixed with super glue or what?
 
Seal-all works real good. Comes in a yellow tube and sold at most hardware stores or auto parts stores. Never tried super glue.
 
Seal-all works real good. Comes in a yellow tube and sold at most hardware stores or auto parts stores. Never tried super glue.

I dont think super glue is a good idea i am pretty sure it breaks down after a while (all my kid's toys) i think any auto parts store can give you something probably in there own name brand for cheap and will work for years..
 
I have tried everything except the thermal welding mentioned. I need to get a leaky tank fixed on the Bunton too it is worth looking into.
 
I used Seals-all from Autozone. Setup in about 30 min. nice and hard.
It is clear and dried clear. Mine was a plastic tank with a seam leak.

Good glad you didn't use superglue I read that gas breaks it down and can get into your carb
 
first check with john deere to see if its replaceable under a recall ive had 2 briggs replaced and a y2k era devilbiss generator tank replaced free.something about the hdpe material used,but if not use stuff called 2 part,or an hdpe welder from harbor freight
 
Back
Top