Export thread

lcd screen said chg oil

2ball

2ball

So My led screen said CNG OIL. It did it for the whole hour right after I hit 550 hours.
There is no intelligence in that right?
It probably displays that every 50 hours?
It wasent because the engine go hot or somehow it knew my oil was old?
and there is no way to reset it like a car?

also 48 oz for my mower seems like a lot.
will there be an issue if I over fill it?

M

MParr

What mower and engine do you have?

I

ILENGINE

48 is the standard amount for most of the Briggs rider engines with oil filter. Some of the V twins are 64 ounces.

B

bertsmobile1

And the reminder will not reset .
I will display for a few hours then vanish till the next one is due

2ball

2ball

What mower and engine do you have?
I bought a used engine, ithe stamp on the valve cover is rusted over, but it is an I/C 17.5 HP B and S. It does not have an oil filter. I searched I/C 17.5 and the internet said 48 oz oil capacity.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

48 Oz is correct...
IC 17.5, is this an opposed twin engine?

M

MParr

I bought a used engine, ithe stamp on the valve cover is rusted over, but it is an I/C 17.5 HP B and S. It does not have an oil filter. I searched I/C 17.5 and the internet said 48 oz oil capacity.
That was the standard engine on the older John Deere D100.

I

ILENGINE

Standard is 42 ounces without filter. At least for the OHV single cylinders.

2ball

2ball

48 Oz is correct...
IC 17.5, is this an opposed twin engine?
OHV Single

My new Liberty is @ 18 hours, & the hour meter is flashing "Oil in 2.0 hours"..

I did the early 8 hour oil & filter change, & know this warning will stop when I hit 20+ hours, so no worries..

G

Gord Baker

Just change the oil and filter.!

S

slomo

Take a new engine. Mow with it ONE TIME. Dump the oil in direct sunlight. You will have a ton of metal flake in the oil catch pan. Up to you when to remove all that metal in the oil. Oil is cheap and since these don't hold much compared to a Diesel truck........