LawnBoy S21ZSN Transmission Lubricant

waynieboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Current project: Restoring 30 Year old S21BSN, same as S21ZSN. BSN has Blade Brake Clutch, Had the same tranny problem in addition to a broken shift fork. After much discussion with some lube engineers, it seems the semi-fluid grease (NLGSI 00) will work the best. Will fill to the top of the bottom housing. I disassembled the entire tranny, and cleaned all disc clutch components. Actually found many of the discs rusted, Polished all of them.
Enclosed is the tranny pic minus the shift fork which I have on order. My pic will not fit.

waynieboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Current project: Restoring 30 Year old S21BSN, same as S21ZSN. BSN has Blade Brake Clutch, Had the same tranny problem in addition to a broken shift fork. After much discussion with some lube engineers, it seems the semi-fluid grease (NLGSI 00) will work the best. Will fill to the top of the bottom housing. I disassembled the entire tranny, and cleaned all disc clutch components. Actually found many of the discs rusted, Polished all of them.
Enclosed is the tranny pic minus the shift fork which I have on order. Pic will not fit

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do you have a question?

FuzzyDriver

Threads
Enclosed is the tranny pic minus the shift fork which I have on order. Pic will not fit
Waynieboy: This thread of mine is old, but appears to be useful for people with self-propelled drive issues. I actually still have an issue that perhaps you are seeing, too... I can't get the wheel covers to stay against the wheel. They kind of snap-in, but come right out of their grooves as soon as you turn the wheels. I didn't think too much about it, but it has allowed lots of grass and debris inside the wheels. Do your wheel covers stay in their wheel grooves? The drive shaft seems to push the wheel cover off the wheel on the side opposite the drive shaft due to a planar difference between the height adjuster and drive bearing bracket and the slight wheel cover depression towards the center of the wheel.