Export thread

Lawn Tractor Lights

S

sterlinglawn

I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on where to get maybe some small led strips that flash like red and blue or amber so when I am plowing at night I have flashing warning lights? I don't really want chores and big extra batteries. I would prefer wireless with batteries in the actually light case. I would stick the lights on to the mower or screw them on. Thanks.

Carscw

Carscw

I would just go to a auto parts store and get some you can just run to your battery with a inline switch and fuse. Easy to hook up and won't have to buy battery's

S

sterlinglawn

I would just go to a auto parts store and get some you can just run to your battery with a inline switch and fuse. Easy to hook up and won't have to buy battery's

Will the battery die if I run them up there. Also what about hooking them up yo the headlight switch so when I turn headlight on. They turn on.

Carscw

Carscw

Will the battery die if I run them up there. Also what about hooking them up yo the headlight switch so when I turn headlight on. They turn on.

The battery will be fine. And yes you can hook them to the headlight switch

M

mullins87

As long as you're adding LED lights, you can connect them directly to the existing headlight wiring. LED lights pull so little power that you would have to add way-too-many lights before you overloaded that circuit.

S

sterlinglawn

As long as you're adding LED lights, you can connect them directly to the existing headlight wiring. LED lights pull so little power that you would have to add way-too-many lights before you overloaded that circuit.

Do you know of any kits to do that that are pretty easy to connect because I am a beginner at the electronic conecting

exotion

exotion

Also try a bike shop they have led flashers last forever

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Also try a bike shop they have led flashers last forever

Yeah I would suggest a bike shop, but I don't know if they have any "stick-on lights".

Ric

Ric

If you want bike lights I would forget the bike shops and buy for either Bike Nashbar or Performance bike online you can buy them there and there somewhat cheaper.

Bikes, Cycling Clothing, Bike Parts & Cycling Gear: Bike Discounts & Deals from Nashbar

Find Bikes, Cycling Clothing, Bike Parts & Bike Shoes Or Your Local Bike Store at Performance.

With Youth You Learn, With Age You Understand

exotion

exotion

Yeah I would suggest a bike shop, but I don't know if they have any "stick-on lights".

Zip ties and duct tape.....

M

mullins87

Do you know of any kits to do that that are pretty easy to connect because I am a beginner at the electronic conecting

I doubt you'll find a kit for your purpose as not too many do what you seem to want to do. Assuming you have metal fenders, or anywhere else you want to mount the lights, those fenders should be grounded. If not, then you'll have to attach a ground wire to each light. That takes care of half the circuit. As far as the positive side of the circuit, I'd add what I call a piggyback spade terminal to the switched side of your headlight switch, provided your headlight switch uses spade terminals. From there, run the switched positive wire to the first light, then daisy-chain on to the next lights.

M

mullins87

Here's an example of what I called a piggyback spade terminal. This would be a great way for you to get power from your headlight switch to your lights, if your switch uses spade connectors.

PIGGYBACK CONNECTOR 16-14GA PVC BLUE 100PK

S

sterlinglawn

Here's an example of what I called a piggyback spade terminal. This would be a great way for you to get power from your headlight switch to your lights, if your switch uses spade connectors.

PIGGYBACK CONNECTOR 16-14GA PVC BLUE 100PK

I think I have found what looking for. It is flashing strobes with controller I can hook up to battery. So if it will work I might get the piggy backs so when I turn on headlights I can turn on the controller for the lights. I will put the wires strait to the battery if having them on doesn't run down the battery. Do you know if they will. Here's the link.

4x 3 LED R/B Police Car Truck Grille Flash Strobe Light A163r

exotion

exotion

I think I have found what looking for. It is flashing strobes with controller I can hook up to battery. So if it will work I might get the piggy backs so when I turn on headlights I can turn on the controller for the lights. I will put the wires strait to the battery if having them on doesn't run down the battery. Do you know if they will. Here's the link.

4x 3 LED R/B Police Car Truck Grille Flash Strobe Light A163r

Led lights use basically no electricity so don't worries about it I bet you could have your tractor off and leave the lights on all night and be able to start it in the morning lol just don't test that please

M

mullins87

You can hook them directly to the battery, but I would advise you to connect them to the headlight circuit. That way, you know they are only on when the headlights are on, and there is no way to leave them on after you've shut the tractor off. That looks like a neat set of flashers for the price. Let us know what the final price is after shipping and how well they work.

M

mullins87

Wait, I just thought of something........You might want to check your local laws concerning running red and blue flashers on or near a public roadway. Here in Kentucky it is very illegal. For obvious reasons those colors are reserved for proper emergency vehicles. The same lights in amber would be perfect as roadside equipment typically uses them.

S

sterlinglawn

You can hook them directly to the battery, but I would advise you to connect them to the headlight circuit. That way, you know they are only on when the headlights are on, and there is no way to leave them on after you've shut the tractor off. That looks like a neat set of flashers for the price. Let us know what the final price is after shipping and how well they work.

Finally price is 25 dollars. Ordering them tonight

metz12

metz12

thought about doing this with my tractor too. when i plow at night i have my regular lights on in the front and one of those headlight things that go on your head, backwards on the red setting. but i would like something on my tractor that blinks.

wjjones

wjjones

How did it turn out?

D

de dee

I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on where to get maybe some small led strips that flash like red and blue or amber so when I am plowing at night I have flashing warning lights? I don't really want chores and big extra batteries. I would prefer wireless with batteries in the actually light case. I would stick the lights on to the mower or screw them on. Thanks.

go on line and print( LED lights) should see about 100 places, to pick from,.

M

mullins87

Have you received them yet?

D

de dee

I picked up some LED lights at harbor freight they were the self stick on type 9 inches long cost $15.00 ea. installing them on my scooter windshield hooking them to the turn signals so I will turn them off after a turn,. also I have some 5 foot light led,s I was thinking of around the edge of the seat, facing back,. with a strobe flashing how would that look on my tractor,. because I am always backing up with the snow blower, most people keep away from the flying snow, still good to be seen, at all times,. tractor PGT 9000,. scooter kymco 300i downtown,. 80 years old and still riding,. two wheels,

wjjones

wjjones

I picked up some LED lights at harbor freight they were the self stick on type 9 inches long cost $15.00 ea. installing them on my scooter windshield hooking them to the turn signals so I will turn them off after a turn,. also I have some 5 foot light led,s I was thinking of around the edge of the seat, facing back,. with a strobe flashing how would that look on my tractor,. because I am always backing up with the snow blower, most people keep away from the flying snow, still good to be seen, at all times,. tractor PGT 9000,. scooter kymco 300i downtown,. 80 years old and still riding,. two wheels,

I was just at Harbor freight the other day, and I missed those I think I will go back to check them out.

The Don'z

The Don'z

I put the cheap rectangle 55w quartz lights on my Dixie Chopper up on the lower half of the roll over bar but I've found the quartz lighting gets pretty warm that close to my head, I'm looking into an LED lighting system now, but dang they're expensive.