Export thread

Lawn Tractor chains

B

b1mmuo27

My tractor tires are 20 x 10. The chains that came with the blower attachment are for 20 x 8 or 20 x 10. When I try & put them on the appera to be way too small. Is it just me?

R

Rivets

They should fit. Try this trick, remove all the air from the tires, then install the chains. Reinflate the tires to 15 psi.

B

b1mmuo27

I tried that. I'll try it again but I'll have to really squeeze the tires. They only take 10 psi.

Carscw

Carscw

I tried that. I'll try it again but I'll have to really squeeze the tires. They only take 10 psi.

It's ok to run 15 psi.

reynoldston

reynoldston

They should fit tight. I had to modify my tire chains to make them fit. Nothing wrong with the 10 psi tire pressure or less because it will give you more traction. I also cress-cross bungee cords on the outside of the wheel to the tire chains. This will keep the chains adjusted much better. I have been using tire chains for years now on my tractor and do find they will need repair as I use them because the cross chains will wear out. They can be a bit of a pain to use but well worth it for the extra traction you will get.

B

b1mmuo27

I think I figured it out. The chains that came with the blower are 20 x 8 x 10. My tire is 20 x 10 x 8. No wonder they are new. They gave the guy the wrong ones.

reynoldston

reynoldston

That would do it. Can they be exchanged for the right size?

B

b1mmuo27

No they are 2 years old but new in the box. I have a guy that wants them already. I can pick up the right pair. Thanks