Export thread

lawn mower hoods on a Lt 133

R

rcarter

Is there any other after market or type of hood that will interchange with my Lt 133 john deere mower

reynoldston

reynoldston

You will find John Deere fits John Deere with a lot of their parts. I can understand what you are after when they want over 600 dollars for a hood. Maybe you can modify something to fit?

B

bertsmobile1

Genuine JD hoods are not particularly expensive.
I pay $ 125 for them down here bare.
Funny enough the decal kit is almost the same at $ 95
So if you caan live with a kaned hood they are not expensive.
AFAIK no one makes aftermarket bonnets for any mower.

reynoldston

reynoldston

Genuine JD hoods are not particularly expensive.
I pay $ 125 for them down here bare.
Funny enough the decal kit is almost the same at $ 95
So if you caan live with a kaned hood they are not expensive.
AFAIK no one makes aftermarket bonnets for any mower.

This pass summer I have a customer that his JD 345 needed a hood this is where I am getting the 600 dollar price from. Yes for sure if you can get a John Deere hood for 125 dollars I say go for it because I sure couldn't find one for that price.

I

ILENGINE

Same with me Reynoldston, I had a customer about 10 years ago with a LX176 and the hood and side shields were $700 then.

B

bertsmobile1

I have done a couple of bonnets,
One on a 100 series and one on a LT
Both were the one piece plastic hoods and under $ 200 with out decals & grills
I am fairly sure that the LT was only $ 125 bare
The only expensive one I have been quoted was for one of the rebadged Yanmars with loose sides so that went down to the motorcycle smash repairer for plastic welding .
I was supprised as a plastic bonnet for a local mower was around the $ 300 mark.

reynoldston

reynoldston

I have done a couple of bonnets,
One on a 100 series and one on a LT
Both were the one piece plastic hoods and under $ 200 with out decals & grills
I am fairly sure that the LT was only $ 125 bare
The only expensive one I have been quoted was for one of the rebadged Yanmars with loose sides so that went down to the motorcycle smash repairer for plastic welding .
I was supprised as a plastic bonnet for a local mower was around the $ 300 mark.

Not disagreeing here, so if the op can get a complete new John Deere hood for 125 dollars I say go for it. I hope him the best :thumbsup: