Lawn consulting/assistance?

firstbase

Threads
I am bound and determined to handle my 1.5 acre St. Augustine lawn without paying someone to do the work for me. Towards that end I do need some assistance/advice on what to do when, what the problem areas are, etc. Who do I call to come out and go over the lawn with me? Landscapers want me to pay them to cut, fert/pest companies want me to pay them as well. I just need advice. Or....do I simply start taking pictures of my "problems" and posting more here?? Any such thing as a "Lawn Consultant"???? Thanks for any comments!

possum

Threads
The free lawn consultant is the university of Florida. Your extension office can provide information or you can just go online. Timetable. Grass types. Drought. Herbicides. ETC. Not to mention little ole Us here to help.

jimrs

Threads
It's hard to tell the problems you are having from what you wrote. St Augustine grass is not hard to keep up. The main problems with it is that it takes a lot of water and can't be cut too low in the summer. It also is not good in high traffic areas. My dogs keep a path where they like to roam the yard 3dogs. Fertilize it twice a year with Scotts turf builder, Keep it watered, and cut at 3" or
3 1/2" and it will fill in and look great.