Mulching Lawn Boy mulching mowers vs other

lewb

Threads
I have a 94 sliver 21 inch mulcher. The Lawn-Boy seems to have done a great job over the years as I have never had very much build up of dead grass. Anyone who had the job of raking out dead grass back in the day knows what I mean. I can remember filling 10 to 15 bags of dead grass every other year as I was growing up. My kids never had to do this task. Anyway the only problem with Lawn-Boy mulching is when the grass gets too high. I usually have to mow same section in the opposite direction.

As far as I know the only thing Lawn-Boy did was close off the deck and add a fan to bottom of the blade. Pretty simple idea.

What have other OEMs done to make thier mowers into mulchers? Honda uses a twin blade.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
That blade is crazy have to work engines a little harder with those haha :rolleyes::confused2:

Don't forget gator blades. Toro and lawn boy are basically the same thing. I have a gator mulching blade on my super recycler. The deck has triangles to help push clippings into the blade the blade guard has a fan to push grass into the triangles and the gator blade has teeth where the wing is on other blades. Oh yah and the mulch plug helps a lot. I added a throttle to my toro to control power as it was bogging down. Now even with really long thick wet grass I can run my machine WOT and it doesn't bog down and you really have to search to find clippings

Threads
Don't forget gator blades. Toro and lawn boy are basically the same thing. I have a gator mulching blade on my super recycler. The deck has triangles to help push clippings into the blade the blade guard has a fan to push grass into the triangles and the gator blade has teeth where the wing is on other blades. Oh yah and the mulch plug helps a lot. I added a throttle to my toro to control power as it was bogging down. Now even with really long thick wet grass I can run my machine WOT and it doesn't bog down and you really have to search to find clippings

My Honda HRX has tons of crevices that make it harder to clean the underside of the deck. They are there for SOME reason, of which I have not figured out yet.

P.S. My deck is not multicolored like this! :tongue:

underside of hrx.jpg