Lawn Boy 10324

Metlfreak

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Everyone!
I believe I have a Lawn Boy 10324 or 10323? It has a Duraforce 6.5 HP 2 cycle engine and labeled "Silver Pro" Looks exactly like the one in the pic. But mine has better condition wheels LOL.
It is self propelled. I bought it last year from a guy who "restores" lawn mowers and sales them second hand. It runs great but the last couple times I have used it the recoil starter has been jamming. Basically after pulling the chord it wont always recoil the chord it will stick. Usually after a hard yank of the chord it will recoil back in. It might just need a cleaning and some lube but it got me thinking maybe its wearing out so I went online to try and find a replacement recoil and it seems there could be a few after market replacements but I am not sure where to start. Can someone point me to a sure fit replacement recoil?
It took me almost 10 years to find a nice 2 cycle Lawn Boy locally so i'm going to try and keep this one until I die.

Attachments

• Lawn-Boy.png
    Lawn-Boy.png
    790.4 KB · Views: 2

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most of the Silver DuraForce engines used recoil part number 99-6713, but they are no longer available. You can find them on the internet, but I always warn people you may not always get what you pay for. Another thing to try is to remove the assembly and go to a couple of repair shops in your area, especially Toro. They may have a used one laying around.