LA-135 Rectifier

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• John Deere Mod. Number ll.jpg
    John Deere Mod. Number ll.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Rectifier.JPG
    Rectifier.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the manual link.

I did read a statement in the manual that should be corrected or at least elaborated on. This may help someone else.

QUOTE: The dual circuit alternator provides DC current for battery
charging
and an independent AC circuit for headlights. The
battery is
not used for lights, so lights are available even if
battery is disconnected or removed.

******************************************************************************************
My tractor won't run without modification because the fuel solenoid in the carburetor needs 12 V to operate.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for the manual link.

I did read a statement in the manual that should be corrected or at least elaborated on. This may help someone else.

QUOTE: The dual circuit alternator provides DC current for battery
charging
and an independent AC circuit for headlights. The
battery is
not used for lights, so lights are available even if
battery is disconnected or removed.

******************************************************************************************
My tractor won't run without modification because the fuel solenoid in the carburetor needs 12 V to operate.

That pertains to a different charging system. We call it a 3/5 unregulated charging system. You have 3 amp for battery charging, which is rectified by use of a diode in the harness coming off of the stator under the flywheel. They other side is AC power for powering the headlights. You need 12v DC coming off of the key switch to power the fuel solenoid in both the start and run positions.