Export thread

Kubota Zero Turns

jekjr

jekjr

Do any of you guys on this forum run Kubota Zero Turn mowers. They are very popular in our area.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Do any of you guys on this forum run Kubota Zero Turn mowers. They are very popular in our area.

I don't, and I don't see many lawn care businesses in our area running them. The popular brand in our area is Exmark. And for push mowers a lot of lawn care businesses have Honda mowers. Different brands are more popular in different parts of the country. Like Redmax power equipment is apparently a good brand but I think it is more in the south and west, because I never see it here!

jekjr

jekjr

I don't, and I don't see many lawn care businesses in our area running them. The popular brand in our area is Exmark. And for push mowers a lot of lawn care businesses have Honda mowers. Different brands are more popular in different parts of the country. Like Redmax power equipment is apparently a good brand but I think it is more in the south and west, because I never see it here!

I am running the 48" gas commercial mower. Most of the guys in our area run the bigger diesel ones. I chose the smaller one hoping that I might fill a niche.

There are numerous other brands here but it seems that when most people are replacing their old ones they replace them with Kubota. I know mine appears to be awesome. I think the main thing I like about it is that there is only one belt on the entire mower. Everything else is either drive shaft and gearbox or hydrastatic driven by a driveshaft....... Give me a year and I will tell you more.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I am running the 48" gas commercial mower. Most of the guys in our area run the bigger diesel ones. I chose the smaller one hoping that I might fill a niche.

There are numerous other brands here but it seems that when most people are replacing their old ones they replace them with Kubota. I know mine appears to be awesome. I think the main thing I like about it is that there is only one belt on the entire mower. Everything else is either drive shaft and gearbox or hydrastatic driven by a driveshaft....... Give me a year and I will tell you more.

OK.....it seems like a nice mower! :thumbsup: Do you have any pictures of it??

Ric

Ric

I'm just curious but did you buy your Kubota new and how much did you pay for it if I can ask?

jekjr

jekjr

I'm just curious but did you buy your Kubota new and how much did you pay for it if I cab ask?

Yes I bought it new. I forget the exact figures now but it was less than $8K out the door. I have only about 80 hours on it right now. I know of guys that have been running them for three or four years though with NO problems. I think that the bigger diesel ones run up in the mid teen $$$$. Mine is a pretty much bottom or entry level Commercial. it has greasable spindles and it has the welded deck not a stamped one.

jekjr

jekjr

OK.....it seems like a nice mower! :thumbsup: Do you have any pictures of it??

I don't have any pics of my equipment right now. I will get it out tomorrow and take some if it is not raining and I have time.

I am supposed to do a yard the first part of this week if it is not raining.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I don't have any pics of my equipment right now. I will get it out tomorrow and take some if it is not raining and I have time.

I am supposed to do a yard the first part of this week if it is not raining.

Gosh you are lucky! I don't mow any lawns until like April! (I started March 25 last year because it had been a warm winter.)

Ric

Ric

Yes I bought it new. I forget the exact figures now but it was less than $8K out the door. I have only about 80 hours on it right now. I know of guys that have been running them for three or four years though with NO problems. I think that the bigger diesel ones run up in the mid teen $$$$. Mine is a pretty much bottom or entry level Commercial. it has greasable spindles and it has the welded deck not a stamped one.

The reason I asked was because you said they seemed to be very popular in your area. I've never seen a Kubota ZTR here in this area and I think it's probably due to the cost. You can buy a fairly decent 48" ztr in the 5 to 6K range.
I know there is a Kubota dealer here because one of my friends has one of there big tractors so I would assume they would have the mowers also.

jekjr

jekjr

The reason I asked was because you said they seemed to be very popular in your area. I've never seen a Kubota ZTR here in this area and I think it's probably due to the cost. You can buy a fairly decent 48" ztr in the 5 to 6K range.
I know there is a Kubota dealer here because one of my friends has one of there big tractors so I would assume they would have the mowers also.

I agree that they are not cheap by any means but they are good. I forget all of the info in it as far as warranty and so forth but I got mine financed for 0 down and 0 interest and they have a pretty reasonable insurance as well that you can get. It has like a $200 deductable and between the warranty and the insurance the dealer said he had never seen anything that was not covered. My second choice was Skag. The same dealer is also a dealer for Skag. I have always favored Kubota tractors. I actually worked for this dealer when I got out of highschool back in 1975 and 76.My father worked for them also. I went to service school back then on Kubota tractors. My father actually uncrated and assembled the first Kubota that was sold in our area back in the 1970's. I think 73 but that might not be right. A kubota us usually as tough as an anvil.

jekjr

jekjr

Gosh you are lucky! I don't mow any lawns until like April! (I started March 25 last year because it had been a warm winter.)

The yard I have this week will be to mainly grind up leaves and just kind of shape it back up with my mulcher...... It is a good customer relatively large yard.

M

mullins87

Around here there is no one overwhelming choice for the commercial mowers. I do see mainly Bad Boys, Scags and ExMarks on the trailers. My dad has a Kubota ZD28 with the 72 Pro deck. He uses it to mow his nearly 9 acre yard. I know the dealer experience can make or break the ownership experience. One of the wheel motors went out when his mower was roughly three years old, I don't know how many hours were on it at the time. The dealer came and picked up his mower, and left him a similar one to use. When the bad wheel motor was diagnosed, the dealer replaced the ENTIRE hydraulic system and they said there would be no way to be absolutely certain all the metal shavings were flushed out of the system. That was 6 or 7 years ago and dad has not had one problem with it since.

jekjr

jekjr

Around here there is no one overwhelming choice for the commercial mowers. I do see mainly Bad Boys, Scags and ExMarks on the trailers. My dad has a Kubota ZD28 with the 72 Pro deck. He uses it to mow his nearly 9 acre yard. I know the dealer experience can make or break the ownership experience. One of the wheel motors went out when his mower was roughly three years old, I don't know how many hours were on it at the time. The dealer came and picked up his mower, and left him a similar one to use. When the bad wheel motor was diagnosed, the dealer replaced the ENTIRE hydraulic system and they said there would be no way to be absolutely certain all the metal shavings were flushed out of the system. That was 6 or 7 years ago and dad has not had one problem with it since.

I don't have any experience with any other kind. In-fact. the only other zero turn that I have run period was a Cub Cadet and I only cut one yard with it. It belongs to my brother in law and I cut his yard for him one time when he had surgery. There is no comparison between the two in my opinion.

S

SgRacing

From a Cub 100 (I'm the original owner, 1965) to a 2012 Kubota ZD326.... :thumbsup:

I love it! 50hrs on it now, can't wait to use it again.

Shawn

attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

jekjr

jekjr

From a Cub 100 (I'm the original owner, 1965) to a 2012 Kubota ZD326.... :thumbsup:

I love it! 50hrs on it now, can't wait to use it again.

Shawn

attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

I bought the ZG 222 with the 48" Commercial deck. I got mine in early August and it has close to 90 hours on it if memory serves me correctly. I ran it about an hour yesterday. Other than changing the oil the only thing I have done is tighten the bolt on the brake pedal. It started working loose at about 10 hours. Kubota is one tough mower.

More and more of the commercial guys here run them.

Ric

Ric

Looks Nice, I'm assuming it's a gas engine or is it a diesel engine. If I can ask what engine does it have and what's the HP or did I miss that in another post.

jekjr

jekjr

Looks Nice, I'm assuming it's a gas engine or is it a diesel engine. If I can ask what engine does it have and what's the HP or did I miss that in another post.

ZD is diesel I believe and ZG is gas. :licking:

M

mullins87

Dad's is a ZD28, that being a 28hp diesel. So if his is a ZD326, I assume it is a 32hp diesel, not sure about the "6" though.

S

SgRacing

ZD326=

D=Diesel
3= 300 series
26= 26hp

I'm a homeower and the biggest reason I bought the ZD326 is I wanted something to last like my old Cub (which still runs good after 46 years) And time is money. It was taking me 3hrs to cut 2.5 acers with 1.5 gal of Gas. The ZD326 take 1hr and 20 mins to do the same and 1 gal of diesel.

In 2nd gear the cub only can go 3.2MPH (using a GPS) top speed. whereas the ZD326 can run as high as 11.4 MPH, however about 7-9 MPH is about where I cut mostly. :smile:

When you have to cut your yard every 3-4 days in the peak growing season, Time is money to me, although the Kubota sure does make it fun to use.

Shawn

jekjr

jekjr

ZD326=

D=Diesel
3= 300 series
26= 26hp

I'm a homeower and the biggest reason I bought the ZD326 is I wanted something to last like my old Cub (which still runs good after 46 years) And time is money. It was taking me 3hrs to cut 2.5 acers with 1.5 gal of Gas. The ZD326 take 1hr and 20 mins to do the same and 1 gal of diesel.

In 2nd gear the cub only can go 3.2MPH (using a GPS) top speed. whereas the ZD326 can run as high as 11.4 MPH, however about 7-9 MPH is about where I cut mostly. :smile:

When you have to cut your yard every 3-4 days in the peak growing season, Time is money to me, although the Kubota sure does make it fun to use.

Shawn

I know mine will rock and roll.

I have to sharpen the blades on it every day. I guess as much grass as it will cut in a day that is not too bad.

S

SgRacing

Interesting, my blades are harder than the back of Super Man's head. :smile: Reason I say that is because after 50hrs they still look new, this is after hitting concrete sidewalks and cutting my large (42 X 150ft) garden back after the season.

I figured the ZD326 must have above average steel blades or I just have incredible good luck?. The Cub needed sharpening after 20hrs cut time by comparison.

Shawn

jekjr

jekjr

Interesting, my blades are harder than the back of Super Man's head. :smile: Reason I say that is because after 50hrs they still look new, this is after hitting concrete sidewalks and cutting my large (42 X 150ft) garden back after the season.

I figured the ZD326 must have above average steel blades or I just have incredible good luck?. The Cub needed sharpening after 20hrs cut time by comparison.

Shawn

Mine would probably be that way as well if I were to be able to cut the same yard less than once a week. Unfortunately running it commercial it cuts a lot of tall bahiagrass and a whole lot more less than desirable places. Mine has over 80 hours on it and I have two sets of blades and I have sharpened both sets of them many times. It is a daily thing really grease the deck and sharpen the blades. I have a nylon strap I put around the front end and take a com-a-long and stand it on the end. Take the electric impact and jerk them off and put fresh sharp ones on.....

I want a set of those Oregon Gator blades for it but as of this time they do not offer them for my mower. Hopefully this year they will have them.

M

mullins87

ZD326=

D=Diesel
3= 300 series
26= 26hp

That makes sense, but what does the "3" series designate? I must admit I haven't kept up with Kubota's numbering scheme in the past few years.

S

SgRacing

Kubota now has (2) series of Zero turn mowers. The 200 and 300

Kubota Tractor Corporation | Z Series

The 300 seems to be geared more toward the larger commercial users.

Shawn

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Kubota now has (2) series of Zero turn mowers. The 200 and 300

Kubota Tractor Corporation | Z Series

The 300 seems to be geared more toward the larger commercial users.

Shawn

The Kubota Diesel ZTRs look really nice! :thumbsup:

G

grasswhacker

howdy i have a kubota zg327 that i bought used in 2009 it had 141 hours on it and i havent had any trouble with it so far. i only use it to mow my own grass but i am very pleased with it.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

howdy i have a kubota zg327 that i bought used in 2009 it had 141 hours on it and i havent had any trouble with it so far. i only use it to mow my own grass but i am very pleased with it.

Welcome To LawnMowerForum!
Sounds like a good mower! Feel free to join the Kubota Owners Group on LMF here: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/groups/kubota-orange-pride.html :smile:

Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Re: Kubota Zero Turns how to remove Coolant Temp gauge

I have a Kubota ZD 326 I have gauge will not work.. I changed the SENDING UNIT but that did not work....
and body know how to change the gauge.. Do I have to take OFF THE whole body cover to get to it?

I would be great full for any tips on how to get to it..

David
Tennessee

BlazNT

BlazNT

4 or so screws that hold the instrument panel in place. Remove and lift up.