Kubota ZD 18

Bubba1958

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a kubota zd18 starts right up but after about 30 minutes of mowing it acts like it is running out of fuel and will try to diie after disk gagging blades it will pick back up and I'll start mowing again. Also will do same thing when going up small hill. What could be the problem and repair for this problem. I am thinking fuel pump could be going out any suggestions?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Being that the ZD18 has not been built since 2006 I’ve got a few suggestions. Have you checked to see if the fuel filter is full when the problem occurs? When was the last time the fuel filters were changed? Have you ever changed the fuel lines? They may be collapsing, restricting fuel flow. Have you checked for debris in the fuel tank? I would be checking all of these before throwing a fuel pump at it.

Bubba1958

Forum Newbie
Threads
Changed filters 2 weeks ago tank is clean,kinda hard to see if fuel filter is full or line is collapsing when I'm riding it

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And it’s kinda hard for me to see what is going without a drink in my hand looking at your problem.. you asked for suggestions, that’s what I gave you. You have a unit that is a minimum of 15 years old and at that age I gave you the basic suggestions. Other things that could cause this is bad injectors, air leak in the delivery system when it gets hot, bad fuel cap, filters installed backwards and as you said bad pump. When troubleshooting these units you need an assistant and knowledge of how the unit works. You said the tank is clean, how did you check? Have seen debris lodge in ares you can’t see, and if I suspect this is the cause I drain the tank, remove and flush. Are the fuel lines spongy? We’re they ever changed? Is the pickup tube cracked? Maybe it’s time to talk to your dealer? We can only make long distance suggestions, you’ll have to decide how to proceed.