Kubota Z121SKH PTO dropping out

wiredhot

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2016 Kubota Z121SKH with roughly 260 hours. I can mow for about 5 minutes and the PTO will drop out and shut off. I have checked all wiring and safety switches for continuity and everything is testing good. The clutch ohms out a 3.4 ohms. The belt is not jumping off, it's just like I am cutting it off at the switch. Any suggestions on what I need to do next, besides going out and buying a more reliable one, would be greatly appreciated.

Bertrrr

Threads
Check all your connections if they all look good run another 12 volt supply to the clutch independent of the regular switch , if it goes away , it's the switch itself, - also make sure your battery voltage is up to snuff. A fully charged battery might be the problem either the battery is getting bad or the voltage regulator or charging system is failing

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
apart from what Bertrrr has said, a bad seat switch is the other thing that will cause the blades to shut off
Kubota service information is difficult & expensive to come by for the sake of having a library so I have no wiring information but Kubota tends to use relays for things line powering the PTO clutch
If so then you can jump the relay base to determine if it is a problem with the clutch or the mowers wiring

wiredhot

Forum Newbie
Threads
"Kubota service information is difficult & expensive to come by for the sake of having a library so I have no wiring information"

I actually have a wiring diagram for the Z121SKH. I have verified the relays and good and operational. I have also bench tested the switch and it seems to be working. I will try to power the clutch separately and see if it works or not. I'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon. It is about to start pouring down.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In that case check if the seat switch is NO or NC then either jump the terminals or unplug it to fein you being in the seat
Problem goes away = bad seat switch
Because I am a tech, I have a set of plugs so I can power the PTOs independently of the mowers wiring that I use for the purpose of diagnosis
I also have a set of seat switch bypass jumpers for the same reason but none for Kubotas because there is only 2 in my service run .

wiredhot

Forum Newbie
Threads
In that case check if the seat switch is NO or NC then either jump the terminals or unplug it to fein you being in the seat
Problem goes away = bad seat switch
Because I am a tech, I have a set of plugs so I can power the PTOs independently of the mowers wiring that I use for the purpose of diagnosis
I also have a set of seat switch bypass jumpers for the same reason but none for Kubotas because there is only 2 in my service run .
The seat switch has 2 NO Sets of contacts.