Export thread

Kubota Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

M

Muhammad

GREETINGS to all Kubota mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Kubota owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Kubota mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Kubota stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

M

MidTNDawg

Checking in

I have owned my ZD 323 for almost a year now. Simply put, I could not possibly more pleased with my mower. Mowing approx. 15-20 acres at home and sharing in mowing 5+ acres at church has given ample opportunity to check it out. Sorry but my mower has not name but that, "My Mower". but then what better name could it have?

O

orangediesel

I've had my BX2230 about 3 years, bought as a package new. It included a 56"belly mower, FEL, boxblade & snowblower. It is the first "good" rider I've owned. I had a Sears & a Bolens previously. Honestly, they were perfectly good mowers. My Kubota has become the "son I never had".
With less than perfect health, I can still manage to take care of the outside maintenance with the additional attachments and abilities built into this lawnmower/tractor.
My only complaints with the BX have been with the dealer, not the tractor.
Mike Straub
Loving Orange in Central Pa

K

KennyV

Mike...
You are right... those BX's are amazing little tractors. :smile:KennyV

dusty-t

dusty-t

I have a B8200 Hst 4X4 with fel, tiller, rear snowblower, front blade, cab. I have owned a B6000 and a B7200 in the past. Pure Orange.

Attachments

K

KennyV

I have a B8200 Hst 4X4 with fel, tiller, rear snowblower, front blade, cab. I have owned a B6000 and a B7200 in the past. Pure Orange.

Can't say I have ever seen that model Kubota... But it's sure got a cute little cab on it...
I also have orange Kubota(s) :smile:KennyV

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

Nice picture! What's all that white stuff everywhere?:rolleyes:

dusty-t

dusty-t

I kinda thought you might have Kennyv. Mine is pretty old. I don't get along with the new stuff so well. The cab is home built and so is the front blade.:biggrin: Dusty

Attachments

dusty-t

dusty-t

I am always putting up the wrong picture. The blade flips far enough to use the top edge to back drag from garage doors etc. I am going to box it as well. Like I said it is an old tractor.

Attachments

K

KennyV

The blade flips far enough to use the top edge to back drag from garage doors

That blade looks too handy...

And the cab is great...
I see you have a headlight out as do I..., I generally use the work lights, as the headlights are none too bright...
:smile:KennyV

dusty-t

dusty-t

Thanks Kenny. The blade doe not angle. But it does go on the QA plate. I have a 4ft bucket and forks as well. The blade really makes things a lot quicker cleaning lanes in winter.:biggrin: Dusty

K

KennyV

it does go on the QA plate.

Dusty .. Is that a standard skid steer plate??
:smile:KennyV

Z

zman007007

Here"s a pic of my little tractor when I was filling the rear tires on it. The FEL came off a Wheel Horse tractor I had previously and adapted it to this one. zman :thumbsup:

Attachments

dusty-t

dusty-t

I must keep better track of which threads I have posted on. The QA is home built, very simple old school design with two tapered pins. It takes about two min to change attachments.:biggrin: Dusty

dusty-t

dusty-t

Here"s a pic of my little tractor when I was filling the rear tires on it. The FEL came off a Wheel Horse tractor I had previously and adapted it to this one. zman :thumbsup:

Great little tractor:biggrin: Dusty

T1600HST

T1600HST

Good Thursday Afternoon, new to this forum but not to tractorbynet. Just an old guy who spends a lot of time looking at tractors on the internet. Had my second open heart surgery in Dec. This time aortic valve replacement. I still have a small machine shop here at the house and that and my irises and veggie garden will keep me going this spring.
Losing weight for my health.... but now that I'm using biodiesel in my T1600, seems like the belly growls, does anyone else smell donuts when riding?
Rick in the Great Smoky Mountains, NC

Attachments

T

tnsig

New participant. Have two Kubotas; L275 tractor with 1100 hours and is very solid. The other is a barn find G5200-H mower. The steering is loose and needs rebuilding; anywone got any advice?

K

KennyV

WELCOME to LMF...
You can Never have too many Kubotas....
You likely have the link for free parts manuals: Kubota Parts for Tractors and Equipment

You will also, occasionally find parts and WSM on eBay...
You will have to post some pictures as you do the rebuild. :smile:KennyV

J

Jimmyjo

I have a Kubota BX2360 with a 60MMM,loader and front mount snowblower. This is the best tool I've ever owned to maintain my five acre home. I can't imagine being without it.

Attachments

Popeye

Popeye

MX5000

IMG_0119.jpg

jekjr

jekjr

Hello,
My name is Jackson I live in South Alabama.
I operate a small Lawn Service here.
I have a Kubota ZG 222 Zero Turn.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Hello,
My name is Jackson I live in South Alabama.
I operate a small Lawn Service here.
I have a Kubota ZG 222 Zero Turn.

:welcome: to LMF, Jackson! :smile:

K

KubotaJohn

Hello everyone,

My name is John, I am in sales at Kubota dealership, Futch's Tractor Depot. I am transitioning into a store manager position to a Turf store the we are opening in North East Florida. I enjoy seeing the Kubota love and if anyone has any questions about Kubota products feel free to ask as if I dont have the answer I enough people here that I can find it.

Look forward to participating in many threads. Have a great day.

John Parker

K

kukws

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Kubota owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Kubota mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Kubota stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

:welcome: to LMF, Jackson! :smile:

My name is Ken and I live in NE Texas. The Kubota I have is a G1800 4WS.

K

KennyV

My name is Ken and I live in NE Texas. The Kubota I have is a G1800 4WS.

HELLO Ken, from another Ken....
WELCOME to the Forums at LawnWorld...

You will Love Your Kubota... That G1800 is a great little tractor. I'm partial to Kubota, best small diesel engine. :smile:KennyV

S

scotto2004

My name is Scott Smith, I live in Summerville SC, I have a 14acre farm, we use the ZD326S, RTV900, and a Kubota 4048 tractor.

K

KennyV

My name is Scott Smith, I live in Summerville SC, I have a 14acre farm, we use the ZD326S, RTV900, and a Kubota 4048 tractor.

Hello Scotto... I have not found anything better than "Kubota", & it looks like you have a Nice assortment of them.
I've got a Grand L4200GSTC...
I'm not familiar with your model '4048'... What series is it? I thought I knew most of the Kubota models... :smile:KennyV

S

scotto2004

Hey Kenny, sorry about that, I have a L4240D with a LA854 loader.

K

KennyV

... I have a L4240D with a LA854 loader.

L4240 Is an excellent tractor, And that loader is a very tuff rig, it is often on Larger Kubota tractors... :smile:KennyV

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Welcome to LawnWorld! You have some nice equipment! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Robert Nolan

Robert Nolan

i have a GR2000 2005 ,but I have traded it in on a ZG 327 2012 this week was a great little tractor ,but cant wait till monday for the ZG327 ans see how she works

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

i have a GR2000 2005 ,but I have traded it in on a ZG 327 2012 this week was a great little tractor ,but cant wait till monday for the ZG327 ans see how she works

That's a nice zero-turn...you should be happy with it! :thumbsup:

D

dass

Hi all ! My "big mower" is a B 2710 w/ cab,mmm,blower, bb,loader,ect....Use it for larger jobs !

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Hi all ! My "big mower" is a B 2710 w/ cab,mmm,blower, bb,loader,ect....Use it for larger jobs !

Nice machine! :thumbsup:

jekjr

jekjr

I have a ZD 326 and it is an incredible machine.

I

Idlewild

New member and new Kubota owner here. Just got my ZD221 w/54" deck yesterday. I'm replacing a Wheel-Horse 520H with 48" deck (1992 vintage), I think I got my moneys worth out of that one.

I mow about 2 acres of grass with lots of trees and planting beds to trim around. The time savings on the 1st mow was almost 1/2, and I am not nearly as smooth an operator as I will be. I was actually sorry that I ran out of grass to cut last evening.

The ZD is an awesome machine. My brother has had Kubota equipment for over 30 years and suggested that I buy the diesel instead of gas, I'm glad I did. It is much smoother running and the power is amazing.

Elendil

Elendil

Seneca, IL checking in here. I can officially post here now because my new Z723 was just delivered this afternoon. Can't wait to mow with it this weekend! My first Kubota. Already planning on adding a BX25 to the family in a couple of years once this one is paid for.

Attachments

F

frwillia

My sister and I bought a ZD21F together in 2005. It has the 54" Pro deck. Between us we have about 6 acres of grass to keep mowed. The mower has 1244 hours on it. Over the last 10 years we've had the following problems:

Two years ago the gear box on the mower went out. We bought a new one and I installed it.

Last year the 'module' (a small solid electronic black box) went out that seems to be the heart of the electrical system. It took me a while to be sure that was the problem. I replaced it.

We had a starter fail this summer. I replaced it.

The front tires seem to go flat remarkably often. Four years we had them filled with foam. One of the wheels broke. We replaced it but are waiting for the end of mowing season before we have it foam filled.

It's on it's third battery.

This summer the engine has started to use oil. It uses enough to go from the top mark on the dipstick to the second mark in 50 hours. When restarting it, if it's hot, we get a puff of blue smoke out of it.

Other than that the mower has worked perfectly.

Fitch

Dan W

Dan W

Good morning from Cold Ottawa, -4C on the deck this morning
Been reading this Site about as long as I have the TBN site, and I think everyone would agree that we all spend a significant amount of time every day relaxing and learning about other people's mowing and tractor experiences.
Both are great sites, keep up the good work Muhammd.

We run 2 mowers on about 10ac. Takes maybe 3.5 hours not counting the trimming. We mow the tight spots and under trees with a 48" deck on a T1700 and cut the main areas using the 60" F3680. I really enjoy cutting grass on these quality machines.

Mowing is over for us this year so we are now getting everything re-configured for snow. I run the F3680 with a 57" blower does a great job, and a B7800 with blades front and rear for clean-up.
This weekend I will mount a 6 foot (3 way hydraulic) blade to the front of the B7800 and a 5 foot box scraper on the rear, now we wait for the first dump.

Looking forward reading more grass cutting adventures from our friends down south, while we wait to blow snow...:thumbsup:

Dan

Racer X

Racer X

The front tires seem to go flat remarkably often. Four years we had them filled with foam. One of the wheels broke. We replaced it but are waiting for the end of mowing season before we have it foam filled.

Where did you get the tires filled, and how much did they charge?

X

xtruckerbob

Made my first post today but been around here and TBN for a year or so. My wife and I mow over 10 acres of pasture weekly. The bulk is mowed by the Bx 2670 with MMM and L2600 with 5 ft Land Pride. We mow the yard about 2 acres with the BX and a Z121S and the on the lake and road ditch which is 9 round trips at 4/10 mile each on a 1983 G3200. We ride the farm on the RTV. We also have a Ford 3000 but hardly use it.

R

Richief

Hi y’all,
Fixin up an old G5200, rebuilt mower gearbox, new shaft ujoint, oils, filters, belts, multiple pins washers cotters, rollers lol, repaired deck lift arms, lookin for guage wheels sure are expensive. Hopin this hydrostatic will last on my East Kentucky Hills, seams pretty stout so far, plenty power for 14 horse. Would like any input on these oldies. Thanks

S

scaboo

check in

Hi i have a kubota Z482, and i am a beginner

J

Johnny340

I’ve had my kubota Z411 going on three years now sweet machine. It’s currently in the shop getting a new idler pulley and new blades. No charge on the pulley under warranty. But the blades and labor $150.00 ouch.

J

John - NY

New to this forum, but not to tractorbynet

I own a 1983 L305DT (bought new) and a 2006 F3680 (bought used). Both have been good machines - with occasional mechanical issues, but nothing that we haven't been able to resolve. We own 330 acres including a 62 acre campground in central New York just above the PA border. I use the L305DT to move and park campers, give wagon rides to the campers, and do all kinds of odds and ends around the property. My F3680 is my main mowing machine and it's a 6' beast! I like to say it floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee! It does pretty fast work of the acres of grass I have to mow every week, and even during this extremely wet spring it gets the job done with the exception of a couple wet areas that still haven't dried out enough! I still have my Toro Groundsmaster 220D with its 60" deck, but the Kubota has really taken over. I took the ROPS off because it always seemed to add another level of awareness - especially mowing around the fronts of fifth wheel campers. My biggest complaint to Kubota would be that instead of cup holders they ought to address garbage and litter holders.

Racer X

Racer X

Kubota L260 With King Cutter 6 Foot Finish Mower

Picked up this L260 a couple years ago to give my 8N Ford a break from mowing.

L260 And Mower by Racer, on Flickr

The two cylinder diesel engine has more torque that the Ford 4 cylinder gas engine, so it can run the mower deck easily. Makes mowing a snap!

S

Straysden

I own a three year old ZD221, 48" deck. Best mower I have owned. I also have two Yazoo three wheel mowers A 48" deck, and two 60" decks

J

justice

Good morning, not much of writer more reader. I am Michael live on 3/4 acre and now I am finally retire. I got my main tinkering tractor is a B600. Back in the early 70's. Now I have other tractors from Cub cadet, Simplicity, to Sears or more know as Craftsman which bye the way always breaks down. I am working on the dash of the Kubota it had problems and had been all cobble together. It always ran; hard to start even with glow plugs! Use it all the time to pull empty trailers a few cars. I plow with it mow grass. Sorta like a toy tractor. Kind of beat up but I bought it that way. Just change filters and oil use clean fuel and it always been good to me. Hard to find parts! I had a rim rust out look for months for used one no luck. There a used salvage yard in Kentucky but bye the time I drove there and bought the part it would probably cost me more. And I have not heard real good reviews about it. I bought a new rim from dealer been 3 weeks now should be in soon. Price was ouch! The pto runs counter clockwise that can be a issue. The next stumble block is the repair knowledge for these tractors. Very little! I have a hydraulic lever it was use on a front bucket that didn't come with it. I would like to use it but I can't figure out how to hook it up. Also no idea how to attach bucket I can weld and build one. There seems to be no frame on these units. Been 3 years dogging this project. The 3 point works fine. Dealer said he might be able to install one but he wanted 3.800 dollars to do it. Of course he no written data offer for me. Wow! Yea I should bought a Massey or Ford but this orange thing just grows on you and the price was right. But as all things they are getting rare to find. Also there a grey market tractor out there I been told not a true Kubota but some parts will interchange. Well I bent you folks ear enough backing out of here and hope to learn are offer advice. Michael

G

gordye

This is Gordye. My First Post. My main mower is a Kubota ZD 221. BUT I have an Ariens, 2 Agco Allis, and a Simplicity lawn tractors and Riding Lawn Mowers.

The discussions look interesting.

Gordy

J

jdavid47

checking in

Just signed up and have a question about my B7200 mower. Now if I can just figure out how to post a question - - -

T

TennesseeYankee

I just posted the same pic in the this mower pic thread. This is my second Kubota my first was a 2016 Z122r traded it in for a slightly larger cut and trying to get a better ride. Replaced the seat on this brand new Z411 and looking at upgrading the front forks with perhaps the Zglide forks if they will work, awaiting a reply from them. Also came here looking for some ideas on a DIY striping kit. I had made one for my Z122r but it can not mount the same way on the Z411.Z411seatUpgrade.jpg

L

lugbolt

I just posted the same pic in the this mower pic thread. This is my second Kubota my first was a 2016 Z122r traded it in for a slightly larger cut and trying to get a better ride. Replaced the seat on this brand new Z411 and looking at upgrading the front forks with perhaps the Zglide forks if they will work, awaiting a reply from them. Also came here looking for some ideas on a DIY striping kit. I had made one for my Z122r but it can not mount the same way on the Z411.View attachment 50764
You don't need a stripe kit if you have the deck set up right. That mower cuts awesome once it is set up properly; and most don't do it properly.

M

mddickson74

Hello everyone,

First time posting here but have many post on OTT and TBN.

I got a Z121S in March 2019 to take care of the 2 acres around the house and barn.
On the rest of the property I use a LP RCR1860 Cutter on the back of my L3200.

C

Chuckinnj

Hello everyone, My name is Charlie and I live in Hunterdon County NJ. I now own ALL Kubota machines since I sold my John Deere garden tractor. I have a RTV 500, BX2230 and now a T2290KWT with a 42” deck.

M

mddickson74

Hey Muhammad, another GREAT site.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to give us a place to discuss our problems, advice or just to hang out.

mike

Droc77

Droc77

GREETINGS to all Kubota mower owners! ?

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name ?). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

How yall doing this morning my name is Derek and im from southwest Georgia. I use a Kubota z724kh at work. I used it this weekend to help a friend clear some overgrown land. My left rear tire started to go flat so I stopeed the mower and went and took it to get a tube put in it. I came back put the tire on and wemt to move the mower and had no left stick at all....what have i done to it... I dis notice that there was hydraulic fluid on the bottom of the left pump.

S

SnohoMatt

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name ?). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Hi Muhammad,
I'm new to the forum. I purchased a used Kubota W5019 push mower in 1992 and it ran like a champ through 2013. This is an awesome mower and it's built like a tank. Due to various circumstances that I won't bore you with it sat outside for a few years with little use. About two years ago I tried to get it running again, but when I took the carb off it was all gunked up and in need of repair beyond my abilities and interest, so it sat again until now. I recently took it to a mower repair shop to see if it could be resurrected, but I'm told by the mechanic that my mower has no compression and that he can't find any parts. The thought of junking this mower is crushing me, so I thought I would try to reach out and see if there is anyone who knows much about these mowers and if there are any part sources any where. I'm located near Salt Lake City, UT.
Kubota 1.jpgKubota 2.jpg

Q

Quadna

Hello there, Chris from Delaware. My Kubota is a Z121s that I purchased new from my local Kubota dealer about 5 years ago. It’s run flawlessly for the most part, but started acting up a little which led me to this site. That’s it for now…I’ll ask my questions in the appropriate section. But just wanted to say Hi and thanks for having me.

K

Kelly6773

Just bought a Z412kw-48. Going to call the dealer for a mulch kit. Haven’t even mowed with it yet. Debating on adding lights

mowing4me

mowing4me

Just had a T2290 delivered yesterday! I had to jump on right away and test it out. Love it

D

DrBT

LED lights are brighter

F

fox5flyer

Hi, All. Greetings from NE Michigan where spring time is still down south but not here yet. Currently I'm not a true owner, but have a verbal agreement with a guy for his ZD323. He should be up here in a couple days and we can complete the deal and I can trailer it home. Not much to say yet, other than I've tested it out and all seemed to work just fine with no glaring anomolies, but with a pre-owned product, one never really knows until some time is put on it. All I can do is hope it goes well and I'll report back with how it went.
Deke

B

bertsmobile1

While you are waiting for the delivery go on line to the JD web page & buy the JD Technical Manual for your mower.
Then the next time you post you will be fixing other peoples problems .

WRONG INFORMATION PLEASE IGNORE

F

fox5flyer

While you are waiting for the delivery go on line to the JD web page & buy the JD Technical Manual for your mower.
Then the next time you post you will be fixing other peoples problems .
Thank you, berts. I'll check it out. Are you saying the JD tech manual covers Kubota ZD323 or just the engine?
As a follow up to my intro, the deal finally went through and I hauled it home about 35 minutes in pouring rain. It needed a good cleanup as it had been run in muddy ground without a rinse-off so I spent a couple hours getting it cleaned up and becoming familiar with it, somewhat. It starts and runs fine, mower deck runs great, but needs the blades changed (included in the deal) and general maintenance. No manuals included, even though he claimed he had them, but said he couldn't find them (after loading the machine). Claims no remembrance of any maintenance done so I'm assuming I'll be changing out pretty much all fluids before I go any further. Anything about it that isn't obvious to pay close attention? I don't want to miss anything. So far no issues that I can find.
Deke M
NE Michigan and 35f as I'm typing this!!! Haven't seen the sun in 5 days.

B

bertsmobile1

Thank you, berts. I'll check it out. Are you saying the JD tech manual covers Kubota ZD323 or just the engine?
As a follow up to my intro, the deal finally went through and I hauled it home about 35 minutes in pouring rain. It needed a good cleanup as it had been run in muddy ground without a rinse-off so I spent a couple hours getting it cleaned up and becoming familiar with it, somewhat. It starts and runs fine, mower deck runs great, but needs the blades changed (included in the deal) and general maintenance. No manuals included, even though he claimed he had them, but said he couldn't find them (after loading the machine). Claims no remembrance of any maintenance done so I'm assuming I'll be changing out pretty much all fluids before I go any further. Anything about it that isn't obvious to pay close attention? I don't want to miss anything. So far no issues that I can find.
Deke M
NE Michigan and 35f as I'm typing this!!! Haven't seen the sun in 5 days.
Sorry I was having a brain fart
Kubota also do technical manuals
They are not as detailed as the JD ones .

L

lugbolt

Sorry I was having a brain fart
Kubota also do technical manuals
They are not as detailed as the JD ones .
and they're originally written in Japanese, then translated to English, and it's obvious if you read them enough. Some stuff makes no sense. I called it "Jinglish".

G

Gary doolin

Checking in.

Hey fellows, just eanted to introduce myself and Lucille. My name is Gary Doolin and i live in SE Kentucky. Lucille is a 2022 kubota 781i (EFI)60" I have fallen in love with this mower. I had a z7421 54 but I have a bad back and
Decided I wanted a better seat and I ended up going with the EFI. I'm just a homeowner and love to mow grass. I will get some pic's of her and of my lawn and will post them. Looking forward to learning and talking with everyone.

Gary.

L

leeton31

G'day from Aus.

G'day, Just introducing myself, Tony from Victoria, Australia.
Own a Kubota ZG222 zero turn. Would have to be one of the toughest mowers I have had, but recently broke a con-rod, my fault lack of oil.
Anyhow just getting it going again, thanks for the forum.

J

justice

GREETINGS to all Kubota mower owners! 👍

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name 😆). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Don't know if I have completed this. But I got a Kubota B6000E. It an original not a grey market. I used it quite a bit but it down right now. I had a rim rust out really bad and trying to repair. Rims are not readily availed for this model of tractor. I found they're not even aftermarket rims made for this unit. I think mine was built in 1965. The rims are unique.to this year. I've got other tractors but for what this is this tractor is great.

Racer X

Racer X

Don't know if I have completed this. But I got a Kubota B6000E. It an original not a grey market. I used it quite a bit but it down right now. I had a rim rust out really bad and trying to repair. Rims are not readily availed for this model of tractor. I found they're not even aftermarket rims made for this unit. I think mine was built in 1965. The rims are unique.to this year. I've got other tractors but for what this is this tractor is great.

You should be able to have wheels made, probably for what new would cost, maybe just a bit more if they are altered from wheels available for other tractors.

Willamette Wheel in Portland, Oregon builds and modifies wheels. I’ve not had tractor wheels done by them, only had wheels altered for a 75 Toyota pickup I had, but I know that parts are readily available for all types of wheels.

The centers of your original wheels might be useable, or at least useful in getting the bolt pattern, center hole diameter, and any offset correct.

You could even set them up where the centers bolt to the rims, like some tractors have.

J

justice

You should be able to have wheels made, probably for what new would cost, maybe just a bit more if they are altered from wheels available for other tractors.

Willamette Wheel in Portland, Oregon builds and modifies wheels. I’ve not had tractor wheels done by them, only had wheels altered for a 75 Toyota pickup I had, but I know that parts are readily available for all types of wheels.

The centers of your original wheels might be useable, or at least useful in getting the bolt pattern, center hole diameter, and any offset correct.

You could even set them up where the centers bolt to the rims, like some tractors have.
That I will keep in Mind and contact them and see what they offer. First time I have ever encounter something like this. Im 71 years old and I seen a lot. I am 71 years old, and I used to work on older models of cars. Alot of electronics and old tube radios. I have an associate degree in electronics and computers. I used to help a lot of fellows who wanted to restore their old cars to be exactly what they came out with. I still have some old tubes still around the place. I think you can still buy some. but that just show us when you built to a standard of industry there always a fix and a part in this case made a few years then came out with a different rim. again thank you for the reply.

B

bertsmobile1

Unless Kubota makes their own wheels it would be very rare for them to use a bespoke wheel as this pushes the price up substantially.
The problem is of course working out what else the wheels were used on because if they came from a wheel making business ( and most are ) then the wheel could be used on anything from mine carts to cannon trailers .

J

justice

You probably correct on this, but the tractor is a Japanese made tractor. There for the longest time parts were manufacture in Japan and imported. If I'm correct I don't think there is a Kubota plant in US. I may be wrong on this. My owner's manual is printed in Japanese as main language and English as Secondary. sometimes It hard to sort it out. I try to call the main Kubota customer service. that was a waste time. They no speak English. I wrote them a letter and they stated they understand my problem, but they could not help me. I contacted a Kubota dealer they show the rim is valid number but when they put order in, they get a reply no longer made no longer available! I did find a group on the Internet that is able to contact a tractor junkyard in Japan and they had a rim. Cost was outrageous 250.00 US dollars and shipping was outrageous almost 300.00 dollars. yes, I know buy American. but I just like the tractor. My brother got a big Kubota and his spooler wen out on the bucket but other than it is a good tractor. And for a fact most of my equipment is American. And I only buy Ford, Chevy and Dodge. But most of them have foreign parts I do have a Old VW still running it in the garage I think it 62. So some things are great other things not so much. Thanks for your reply.

Racer X

Racer X

You probably correct on this, but the tractor is a Japanese made tractor. There for the longest time parts were manufacture in Japan and imported. If I'm correct I don't think there is a Kubota plant in US. I may be wrong on this. My owner's manual is printed in Japanese as main language and English as Secondary. sometimes It hard to sort it out. I try to call the main Kubota customer service. that was a waste time. They no speak English. I wrote them a letter and they stated they understand my problem, but they could not help me. I contacted a Kubota dealer they show the rim is valid number but when they put order in, they get a reply no longer made no longer available! I did find a group on the Internet that is able to contact a tractor junkyard in Japan and they had a rim. Cost was outrageous 250.00 US dollars and shipping was outrageous almost 300.00 dollars. yes, I know buy American. but I just like the tractor. My brother got a big Kubota and his spooler wen out on the bucket but other than it is a good tractor. And for a fact most of my equipment is American. And I only buy Ford, Chevy and Dodge. But most of them have foreign parts I do have a Old VW still running it in the garage I think it 62. So some things are great other things not so much. Thanks for your reply.
I have a newer Kubota riding mower, three cylinder diesel, 52” cut, 4 wheel drive.

Made in Georgia.

Along with most automotive manufacturers from Japan, and Europe, Japanese tractors are also made in the US to avoid import duties.

I’be been to that factory, about 15 years ago, when I was driving flatbed semi trucks. I delivered a water jet cutting system manufactured in Seattle. Pretty cool place.

AEA5ECEB-0F13-49E5-97A4-96706A48F8EC.jpeg

AKS

AKS

GREETINGS to all Kubota mower owners! 👍

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name 😆). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Hello there, Just wanted to introduce myself from Brisbane, Australia. I have a 1980-something W5019 walk behind lawnmower that I am restoring and having a bit of trouble sourcing certain parts. Was hoping I could get some leads on here as to where I can find them. I was after the following:

DescriptionPart NumberQty Required
Cover Joint Part # 65601-21314 1
Shield, Safety Part # 65603-215131
Bush, Shield Part # 65603-21530 2