Kubota Lover/New here!

Kubota_Diesel

Threads
Hey everyone! I'm 22 years old and my name is Derek. I have been a HUGE diesel fan since I was old enough to know what they were. Preferebly smaller diesel engines. My Grandpa worked in the boiler room/maintenance shop at the old hospital here in town. They have a CTL mower with a 3 cylinder Kubota Diesel in it and they have owned it for twenty plus years. I have been obsessed with that since I saw it when I was about three years old. I found my 2001 Kubota G1800 about two years ago and it is my pride and joy now. I traded my 1982 Kubota M4000 that my Grandpa got for my when I was younger in on my G1800. This is more my hobby than anything. I'm a gear head, car guy, etc. Anything that has to do with a machine, you can bet that i'm interested. My Dad is the service manager at a locally owned dealership here in town and he's been doing that for twenty-three years now. The dealership was established in the late 1950's and is very well know by many. I am the manager at the oldest parts store here in town. Anyway, I don't mean to ramble on, but if you have any questions on anything specific to my lawn tractor, feel free to ask and I will do my best to help. I love making new friends so if you would just like to chat i'm up for that also. This is my hobby now and I love it! Have a great day everyone!

Derek

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF.

I moved your thread to the Kubota Forum! :biggrin:

Shotimer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everyone! I'm 22 years old and my name is Derek. I have been a HUGE diesel fan since I was old enough to know what they were. Preferebly smaller diesel engines. My Grandpa worked in the boiler room/maintenance shop at the old hospital here in town. They have a CTL mower with a 3 cylinder Kubota Diesel in it and they have owned it for twenty plus years. I have been obsessed with that since I saw it when I was about three years old. I found my 2001 Kubota G1800 about two years ago and it is my pride and joy now. I traded my 1982 Kubota M4000 that my Grandpa got for my when I was younger in on my G1800. This is more my hobby than anything. I'm a gear head, car guy, etc. Anything that has to do with a machine, you can bet that i'm interested. My Dad is the service manager at a locally owned dealership here in town and he's been doing that for twenty-three years now. The dealership was established in the late 1950's and is very well know by many. I am the manager at the oldest parts store here in town. Anyway, I don't mean to ramble on, but if you have any questions on anything specific to my lawn tractor, feel free to ask and I will do my best to help. I love making new friends so if you would just like to chat i'm up for that also. This is my hobby now and I love it! Have a great day everyone!

Derek

Saw your note. I am looking at buying a g1800. Going to see it tomorrow. Can you give me an idea of what to look for that might be a problem or something I should pay particular attention to?

Kubota_Diesel

Threads
Hey Shotimer,

sorry it took me so long to write back. I haven't been on in a while. G1800's are REALLY well built tractors. Mine is an 2001 and only has 329 hours now. I knew the previous owners and when I first opened the hood all of the maintenance had been logged on the inside of the hood in marker. That in itself made me feel very comfortable. Ask the owner or dealership if they have any kind of maintenance records and if you could possibly have the contact information of the previous owner. Just keep your eyes peeled and make sure everything looks like it's in good used condition. The best possible thing is getting some kind of information on maintenance records. Good luck Shotimer, and if you do purchase that beautiful orange, diesel powered mower, I want to see pictures!:thumbsup: