kubota engine

huntsalot

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking for advice.I am looking at a Grasshopper 729t with the 962 cc 3-cylinder kubota max torque motor. Are they a strong engine, long lasting and is there anything I should be concerned or aware of.

Rickw

Threads
I know the Kubota 3 cylinders sound like a sewing machine when running. I see machines with 1000's of hours and they are still running. I dont think you can beat a Kubota power plant. They even look like a industrial engine as opposed to a mower engine

beddy85

Threads
I just picked up a 932 with 135hrs. After hrs/days of reading forums and making calls I've came to the conclusion that the kubota liquid cooled engines will last a very very long time of taken care of properly. With all my research and phone calls I've have found little to no negative feedback on them.

huntsalot

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your reply’s. We did buy one l believe they are a reliable engine. Thanks again

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The biggest killer of these engines is poor maintenance. If it doesn’t have an hour meter, install one and follow your owners manual to the letter. In dusty conditions air filters, screens over radiators and fuel filters should be checked more often. I know I’ll get flack for this, but only use OEM products.

Rickw

Threads
The biggest killer of these engines is poor maintenance. If it doesn’t have an hour meter, install one and follow your owners manual to the letter. In dusty conditions air filters, screens over radiators and fuel filters should be checked more often. I know I’ll get flack for this, but only use OEM products.
I agree with OEM parts. They are not that much more expensive and engineered for the application.

gsim

Threads
For my money, Kubota diesel best small diesel you can buy. They are rugged, reliable units. I only use OEM parts on mine. And in fact most anything that attaches to a kubota engine will have it's own Kubota part number. I did buy an aftermarker alternator for mine tho. May not last as long as OEM, but I only put 50 hrs a year on it anyway.