kohler xt675

jimbuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
engine ran fine last time out. now it starts right up on first pull and then starts to surge, hunting up and down then it will exhaust some black smoke . i have tried all remedies plug exchanged, removed air filter,checked auto choke,ok,taken carb off 3 times and blew out every passage as well as using copper wire to make sure no obstruction. same symptoms any suggestions as the toro dealer said they have drilled out jet next larger size.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Tell the Toro dealer he has to raise the float level, engine is running lean. Seen this way to often, drilling jets will only add to the problem.

possum

Threads
Now there is a good one to know about. Leave it to a Toro man to know. Those Kohler engines have littered the yards around here on Husqvarna lawnmowers so bad a few years back no one will buy one around here. The shops around here just parked them or retuned to the owner as no parts or unknown engine. Took a company like Toro to have the techs to fix it I suppose. They have their own China engines now I am surprised they still use the China Kohlers as much trouble as they have been. Must not be enough engines to go around.