Kohler Xt675 carb leaking out of the throat

juntjoo

Threads
So take note of how the one on the right, my latest one with the proper linkage, has this different needle valve and spring. The one on the left is an older one that doesn't have the linkage but it doesn't leak BUT without the linkage I think it is causing the rich issues I was having with it. Maybe? Was real smokey and weak using FWD.

So this is this last carb that I bought:

And this is the kit for my Kohler:

Anyway, the different needle valves aren't interchangeable so if no one knows how to get a kit for this carb I want to get working I guess I'll just start over and get a new carb

Attachments

• 20240329_180916.jpg
    20240329_180916.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240329_181326.jpg
    20240329_181326.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 2

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Amazon Chinese carb alert!!!!!!

juntjoo

Threads
What's going on here with this hand vac?

Is it supposed to leak as it does? I should be able to test the needle valve with it

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pul the carb off tip it upside down and it should hold 7 PSI .
And please stop watching brain dead idiots who have no idea how to use their tools on YT or set the volume on their camera, probably a go-pro inside the plastic weather case by the sounds of it .

juntjoo

Threads
Pul the carb off tip it upside down and it should hold 7 PSI .
And please stop watching brain dead idiots who have no idea how to use their tools on YT or set the volume on their camera, probably a go-pro inside the plastic weather case by the sounds of it .
Haha that was me!

juntjoo

Threads

To me it looks like both leaking and non-carbs hold air the same.

I struggled with the new line not holding the air 100% but I cut it out of vid. But it looked pretty clear both confirmed leaking and not-leaking carbs hold the vac pressure the same.

If there's nothing else it could possibly be I just need to either get another carb or a kit for this one which would be ideal but so far haven't found one. If anyone has a y ideas great otherwise I'll just throw on the older carb without th at top linkage and make a manuall choke switch somehow

juntjoo

Threads
So where do you guys get your carbs and/or rebuild kits/parts?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Farmer tech in China
CTS in China ( they sell via ebay if you ask them to list )
Made in China
Alibaba ( not Ali-direct )
Stens,
Rotary
Prime Line
I keep about 20 mower carbs in stock
I keep about 50 hand held carbs in stock