Kohler XT 7 runs only with starter fluid, carb, autochoke and spark plug replaced

topaz75

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Kohler XT 7 runs only with starter fluid, carb, autochoke and spark plug replaced
I am about to give up and just take it to the repairman, but would at least want to try and understand what else could be wrong with this Toro mower with a Kohler XT 7 engine.

Got it back from a tenant who said it doesn't start. It had old gas in it, so I first drained gas, cleaned the carb and that didn't help. I then purchase some new parts and replaced the entire carburetor with a new one, also the auto choke assembly and the diaphragm and vacuum hose and spark plug, also put new oil in.

When I spray starter fluid, it will run for a few seconds and burn off the starter fluid, but then stops. I do have gas in it, and the carb bowl is filling with gas. What else could be wrong that's causing this?:frown::thumbdown:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Kohler XT 7 runs only with starter fluid, carb, autochoke and spark plug replaced
Did you clean the gas tank? Did the gas come out quickly? Did you replace the gas line?