Export thread

Kohler sv600 Cub cadet lt1045

Jstevo1507

Jstevo1507

I need help!
I recently purchased some land so I got my parents old mower from the barn after not being used for maybe 6 years. So I knew I had some replacing to do. This mower cranks cranks cranks but does not turn over or start. It did start with a single shot of starting fluid. This is what I have replaced any ideas please adviseZ thanks in advance.

carburetor
Oil/filter
Ignition switch
Pto switch
Front wire harness ( mice chew through old one)
Battery
Starting selenoid
Fuil filter
Fuel pump.

Mower King

Mower King

I need help!
I recently purchased some land so I got my parents old mower from the barn after not being used for maybe 6 years. So I knew I had some replacing to do. This mower cranks cranks cranks but does not turn over or start. It did start with a single shot of starting fluid. This is what I have replaced any ideas please adviseZ thanks in advance.

carburetor
Oil/filter
Ignition switch
Pto switch
Front wire harness ( mice chew through old one)
Battery
Starting selenoid
Fuil filter
Fuel pump.
Since it fired with a shot of fluid, it is not getting fuel in the engine. Start looking at the fuel system.

Jstevo1507

Jstevo1507

I’m going to replace the fuel lines but other than that everything is new. Carb had gas in it when I rechecked the selenoid.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Where did you spray the starter fluid? Into the air intake behind the air filter, or through the spark plug hole?

Jstevo1507

Jstevo1507

sprayed it in through the carb hole

K

keakar

I’m going to replace the fuel lines but other than that everything is new. Carb had gas in it when I rechecked the selenoid.
does the fuel; line connect to the center nipple on a different level then the other two?

i had one made me scratch my head trying to figure out why 3 difference pulse pumps and none pumped gas, so i went to the basics and checked where the lines went and found the issue, its so often im used to putting it back the way i found it, yet this mower, someone put the lines in the wrong place before i got to work on it

Mower King

Mower King

No fuel getting through the carb = no run.

Jstevo1507

Jstevo1507

No fuel getting through the carb = no run.
I understand. Why would the tank be full and it not go through? What would I clean. I feel like I used a wire to go through a lot little holes

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

you listed carburetor in the parts you replaced....did you? OEM Kohler part or Aftermarket $20 carb?

Mower King

Mower King

I understand. Why would the tank be full and it not go through? What would I clean. I feel like I used a wire to go through a lot little holes
Did you replace the fuel lines? Is fuel actually coming out of the tank? Are the new fuel pump hoses / lines hooked up right? Is it pumping fuel to the carb? If the answer is yes to all those questions....the fuel delivery problem lies in the carb!