Export thread

kohler stops

K

kev290

i just had a lady call me up said her kohler engine on her troy bilt pony runs 15 min then stops she waits a couple off minutes starts back up did it 5 times then it ran 45 minutes to finish yard

R

Rivets

Have her loosen the gas cap and see if it stays running. If it does she has a bad cap, vent plugged, replace cap.

K

kev290

ok i will

I

ILENGINE

Just to keep it in mind, that starting in 2012 riding mowers and some other caps became non-vented to meet EPA emission low evap requirements. So if it has a second small line coming off the top of the tank the cap is non-vented.

K

kev290

i called her and hers has a line from tank at the top

M

mkillian

It's probably a clogged fuel line. I had the same problem. The local repair guys said 90% of what they do is clean gunky fuel and gunky lines.

If that is all good, it could be the coil (or coils) but I would check the fuel first, starting at the tank and working down from there. New filter might help...

R

Rivets

If this is one of the new Kohler with the plastic carb, the jet inside the carb is probably plugged.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

i just had a lady call me up said her kohler engine on her troy bilt pony runs 15 min then stops she waits a couple off minutes starts back up did it 5 times then it ran 45 minutes to finish yard

I had a Craftsman with a briggs on it that used to do that. It was the fuel solenoid. I snipped the end of it off, and problem fixed.