Kohler KT740 flywheel removal.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Yes them along with Advance and O-Reillys all they had would go to 8" and the flywheel is at 10". I just made my own temporary puller and got the flywheel off and I didn't pull on the ring gear either.
I have a puller think it is 10”, and you can put finger extensions out to the end, be careful, past where you should, and has saved me on a couple of larger flywheels and even recently on a drum brake on my 1966 Mustang.

Gord Baker

Threads
Okay i know some you uses pry bar and BFH but even that don't on this engine. And I got the puller that is list in the service but there is no get it attached. The two larage round holes are for the pins that holds the flywheel fan on and are not be threaded besides they are 5 inches on center the tool is only 3-3/4 on center.

Here is the flywheel.

and here is the puller.

Just how the heck are you suppose to remove the flywheel?
Try heating well around the outside of the Crank and then Quenching. Use some Hardwood wedges beneath the ring gear.

Avman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Those 2 holes on top can be tapped.

12icer

Threads
hydraulic jack a flat steel and two J bolts hooked in the holes.

oh and a socket on the shaft of course.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
To Admin please lock this topic. The problem was resolved by making my own puller; although, I can order an OTC 6575 puller, just didn't want to pull against the ring gear or spend $200 for a puller. Ordering flat tool steel to make some good puller arms since I now have the info I need to make them.