Kohler K141 No Spark

Martyn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am tearing my last bit of hair out over this problem. Engine is on a Howard 350 rotator and has never given any problems till now. It died whilst using. l have since changed the condenser, the coil and cleaned and checked the points and spark plug all to no avail and no spark. I have tested the new coil with a multimeter set on 20k ohms and get a reading of 8 point something or other . With us in lockdown here in UK it is difficult to get any help.
Can anyone please help here.

Martyn

Forum Newbie
Threads

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don’t know why the manual doesn’t help, but I’ll give you a couple of things to check. First the coil resistance levels should be between 10-20 ohms primary and 15K-20K secondary. Primary is between small lead and coil ground wire and secondary between spark plug wire and coil ground. Second, set the point gap at .018” (.4572mm). Point gap should be set a TDC on compression stroke. Third, with your VOM make sure you are breaking point continuity as you rotate the engine through at least two full cycles, before connecting condenser and kill wires to points. Very simple system, shouldn’t be that hard.