KOHLER FUEL PUMP - EVEN NEW REPLACEMENT STILL SPITTS DIRTY GAS OUT

blairbuc

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / KOHLER FUEL PUMP - EVEN NEW REPLACEMENT STILL SPITTS DIRTY GAS OUT
So yes, when my Kohler Command 25hp. fuel pump starting spitting out gas and some oil though that copper vent screen in the middle of the fuel pump - i bought a new " Chinese " replacement pump.
Same thing happened, even with the new Chinese Replacement pump. This fuel pump works off of a pulse - so it starts spitting gas out that little vent hole - again.
Yes, I know....i'm a cheap idiot for going Chinese for 1/3 the price but i'm just wondering if there is another issue i'm missing here before I run out and buy a Real Kohler Fuel Pump.
Is there another reason why two fuel pumps seem to be spitting out just enough gas to be annoying? It seems like i'm getting more ' pules' going into that pump than needed which is causing it to spit out a little gas?

Blair

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First thing I would check is the oil level. If it is over the full mark and/or smells like gas, the problem is probably a carb problem. The float needle in the carb may not be sealing properly allowing fuel to leak into the crankcase. If the oil gets to high it will be sucked into the fuel pump, resulting in your problem.

blairbuc

Forum Newbie
Threads
First thing I would check is the oil level. If it is over the full mark and/or smells like gas, the problem is probably a carb problem. The float needle in the carb may not be sealing properly allowing fuel to leak into the crankcase. If the oil gets to high it will be sucked into the fuel pump, resulting in your problem.
Rivits - your possible solution to this makes a lot of sense - because I do see motor oil mixed into the gas that the fuel pump spits out... I'll try an over dose of Techron and see if that cleans the float needle - yes i'm starting with the lazy way first ...and if that fails i'll go in there - remove the float needle and blast it with carb cleaner directly. Thanks, Blair

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you keep running the engine with fuel in the oil then forget the tetron & and start shopping for a new engine.
Nothing you put in a fuel tank will clean a float needle & seat so you are deluding yourself and wasting both your time & money.
The only fix is to clean and when necessary rebuild the carb.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check for gas in the oil and check for a blown head gasket.

Paul54

Threads
Yes, pls check for blown cyl head gasket , especially if oil is comming out of brass vent on fuel pump