Kohler CV491S Governor Problem

Freddie21

Threads
I agree, but I have heard on this forum to adjust the static adj any time a carb is replaced. I don't do that or any other time. This one had previously been adjusted to overcome replacing the gear.

TobyU

Threads
I agree, but I have heard on this forum to adjust the static adj any time a carb is replaced. I don't do that or any other time. This one had previously been adjusted to overcome replacing the gear.
So if they adjusted it because the inside Governor had grenaded and had no Governor action and they were trying to compensate, they should have stopped right there because that is definitely not a proper way to operate an engine and a pain in the butt to try to operate it by a throttle control by hand.
I never do a static governor adjustment just because I've had the carb off and reinstalled it or replaced it with a new one because it's just not necessary 98% plus of the time.
I know there is a good number of people in this form and others who have this kind of what I will call a mental hang up to do things 100% correctly or "right".
I simply don't have time for that because even if I didn't do this commercially, which I do, I still have lots of other projects of my own so if I was fixing my own mower I'm going to slap the carb back on it, or in my case I'm never going to remove the carb in the first place to clean it out because that's simply faster, and then I'm going to move on to the next task. Lol
I don't have time nor am I going to take the time to do the extra steps that are highly unlikely to be needed in the first place..
Other people somehow seem to sleep better at night if they "go the extra mile".
I do not. 😆

Freddie21

Threads
From what I understand, a local fix-it shop made whatever adjustments to get it to run. It did run well, just had no balls when it needed. They wide open throttle cable was the issue with the plate. The choke screw had to be backed off to get the two holes to line up.