Kohler CH20 won't start

Horsemowerman

Forum Newbie
Threads
My wife was mowing last night and ran over a gopher mound in the ditch. Mower stalled out. When she tried to restart it it wouldn't start. She called me over and I listened to it when she tried to start it and it doesn't sound like it's geting compression. It spins over too easily. Could that sudden stop shear the flywheel key?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is the engine turning over or is just the fly wheel turning?

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Horsemowerman

Forum Newbie
Threads
don't know yet will check tonight after work. I'll pull sparkplugs and see if pistons are moving . Just trying to find out what my options are if I can fix problem with engine in mower or If I have to pull engine to work on it..

Horsemowerman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got it back in the shop and looked at it last night.

PROBLEMS>>> Engine is turning over , Got spark. It getting fuel. Won't start.

Heard a smalll ticking noise in the lifter so I puled the cover off the right side and found I had a bent push rod for the lifter. (exhaust)
It also seem that I have blowby in the engine as I am getting a loft of air coming out of the oil dipstick.

Have to get ahold of a compression tester and check compression on the cylinders.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
don't know yet will check tonight after work. I'll pull sparkplugs and see if pistons are moving . Just trying to find out what my options are if I can fix problem with engine in mower or If I have to pull engine to work on it..

Seeing this is a Horizontal style engine I have a feeling you are have to pull the engine out to get to the flywheel. I just worked on a Toro/ Wheel horse and had to remove the engine to remove the flywheel cover.