Kohler 7000 series cylinder issues

Bernie13

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2016 Hustler raptor limited 52 with the kohler 7000 kt735 engine. It has 455 hours and just last night one cylinder quit running? New plugs fuel filter and oil change? Second kohler I've had this same issue with

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
First thing I would check is do you have spark at both spark plugs.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
and after that check that both valves are going in & out.

Mower King

Threads
I have a 2016 Hustler raptor limited 52 with the kohler 7000 kt735 engine. It has 455 hours and just last night one cylinder quit running? New plugs fuel filter and oil change? Second kohler I've had this same issue with
Probably bad coils, from getting over heated by the engine.....check one at a time for spark, while the engine is running, that will tell you!

Gman delaware

Forum Newbie
Threads
I also have a 2016 Raptor SD with the Kohler 7000 series engine and have had problems with the engine. Had to have the original valve covers replace due to leaking oil. New ones have a gasket to seal better. Today the service tech told me that a cylinder head needs repair. I know the Kohler 7000 series is a popular tractor engine,but right know I am not a big fan.

Mower King

Threads
I also have a 2016 Raptor SD with the Kohler 7000 series engine and have had problems with the engine. Had to have the original valve covers replace due to leaking oil. New ones have a gasket to seal better. Today the service tech told me that a cylinder head needs repair. I know the Kohler 7000 series is a popular tractor engine,but right know I am not a big fan.
You know, people won't admit to this but, there is usually a reason for an engine to fail....generally caused by the owner, NOT ALWAYS but, the % of owner cause, is HIGH!

Low oil, no oil, wrong oil, dirty oil, fuel in oil, water in oil, dirt ingestion, bad gas, overall neglect, over heating, low rpm's, too high rpm's, treating it like you hate it......and the list can go on & on,... I see this daily..........just say'in!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I haven't had any problems with rocker sealing. It is mostly caused by the tech doing valve adjustments not following procedures for applying the RTV sealant. You can't just apply the RTV, slap the cover on, and start the engine right away. Usually it take 12-24 hrs for the RTV to properly cure before oil is allowed to touch it. Once oil is allowed to touch RTV before it cures then the RTV will not not fully cure and leaks occur.

As for the bad head it is probably over heated from the dirt and oil contamination.