Kohler 7000 reliability

chodie1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am considering replacing my Kohler Command with a. Kohler 7000 engine. A anyone got any experience with the 7000 ?

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
chodie, Is that the new V seen in riders? If so I recently read that the verdict is still out 'cause it''s so new.

chodie1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, it has been out about a year. I think every mower mfg is using them. I have seen many on the floor rooms.. Cost compared to the Command series is less than half. I was hoping that someone on the forum had knowledge of them.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Kohler basically renamed most of their engines this year. With the 2000, 3000, and 7000 series. The 7000 series is similar to the Courage Pro series. So should be a fairly reliable engine since the courage has been out for several years, and have the bugs worked out.

wengerequip

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kohler basically renamed most of their engines this year. With the 2000, 3000, and 7000 series. The 7000 series is similar to the Courage Pro series. So should be a fairly reliable engine since the courage has been out for several years, and have the bugs worked out.

I am a lawn and garden dealer. We haven't had much experience with the Kohler 7000 series yet but the experience we have had with them has been good so far. We started selling them in the Hustler Raptors this year. With the new smart choke system they are one of the best starting engines I have seen. As far as there relation to the Courage engine, Kohler says that they are designed off of the Command engine NOT the Courage engine. The larger vertical shaft Courage engines that I have seen were cheap and should be avoided, they had a lot of valve problems. The newer 7000 series engines seem to be better.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am considering replacing my Kohler Command with a. Kohler 7000 engine. A anyone got any experience with the 7000 ?

chodie, Is that the new V seen in riders? If so I recently read that the verdict is still out 'cause it''s so new.

I'd have to go along with Motoman, the verdict on that engine is still out. Kohler makes a real good engine but even Kohler labels the 7000 as there weekend warrior engine, so that should tell you a little something about the engine.

Dpmulvan

Threads
Mine stalls after warm up brand new engine.