Kohler 19courage rebuild

weedwarrior

Forum Newbie
Threads
When installing rings with an adjustable sleeve I do the following. First coat the piston and rings with assembly lube, don’t be cheap. Install sleeve over piston and tighten, Slowly tap the piston down with the butt of your small ball peen hammer. When the piston stops moving, use your hammer to lightly tap the sleeve tight to the block. Check to see that the rod end is not contacting any part of the crankshaft. Repeat tapping the piston down and if it stops, tap the sleeve down again. The sleeve likes to rise up so you must constantly check that it stays tight to the block. You may have to repeat steps multiple times. Forgot to say at the beginning you must make the piston and rod are in the correct direction before starting.
I think this is my problem, I should probably get assistance with holding it tight to the block as I am tapping piston into the cylinder. I did break a set of rings, order another pair. More to come.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Many disagree with me, but I’ve found a good assembly lube works better than just oil or grease. Plus patience is your best assistant.