Kawasaki motor question

cutyourgrass

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an older Bunton hydro walk behind ZTR that has a Kawaskaki motor. The motor number is FC420VB88262. I am having difficulty locating parts for this. So, I am curious. Are all of the FC420V engines that are currently produced the same as previous years?

I have found a muffler that looks like the one I need but I don't want to spend $100 for something I can not return or use. It fits an FC420V that is currently on the market.

Thank you for your help,
R. Moore

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It looks the same and fits the same model. That is the reason you don't think it is the same? Must be a used part and if you buy it you own it fit or not. Not a very good person to buy from I would say. If a person can't even work with you I would think they should keep there parts.

okiepc

Threads
There should be a 4 character code in you model number such as FC-420V XXXX to find your part numbers

Last edited:

cutyourgrass

Forum Newbie
Threads
There should be a 4 character code in you model number such as FC-420V XXXX to find your part numbers

Well, the motor number is FC420VB88262

How does the last four digits apply to finding the parts? What do I search for or, does it only have to do with the retailer that sells to me?

```````````````````````````
Also, I received a reply and was told by the seller, it will fit.

bfcg

Threads
the B88262 after the FC420V is important because you will find small differences between the many FC420v's that were produced. Looking at my local parts guys list, you would be SOL because I dont see that model listed. Just the FC480V part but not the rest.