kawasaki FX850V lost power running rich new with 2.9 hr.

Carl.Cook

Threads
  • / kawasaki FX850V lost power running rich new with 2.9 hr.
New Hustler X-One with 2.9 hours started running rough, disengaged PTO but enging continued to run rough with black smoke before dying. Difficult to restart, will only idle rough with black exhaust, cannot advance throttle without dying, and mower cannot be moved without engine dying.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take it back
Probably just a stuck float needle but just incase there is a major problem you need to get a warranty history happening .

Carl.Cook

Threads
Take it back
Probably just a stuck float needle but just incase there is a major problem you need to get a warranty history happening .
Thanks for the reply, but just discovered it's a more serious problem. After it cooled down I restarted and tried to move it to the garage. Engine started but stilled ran rough as if on one cylinder. After about two minutes of warmup it started making a loud noise and threw part of a ring out of exhaust. Will be taking it to dealer for what I assume will be a new engine.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome aboard-

How "was" the oil level, prior to the issue ?

Carl.Cook

Threads
Welcome aboard-

How "was" the oil level, prior to the issue ?
Oil level was on the full mark and still on the mark after the failure. I believe it broke a ring on one cylinder because the dipstick had the slight smell of gas. Also, I read another post from Oct 2021 when someone else had the same problem with only 6 hr on their Hustler X-One with the Kawasaki FX850V.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well with engine full of oil, warranty should take care of it then..