Kawasaki 22 hp flooding

mjc3276

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 22hp Kawa that floods trying to start it. I try adjusting the choke, throttle ect. no luck. plugs are new. Also a HIGH amount of black carbon on plugs 10 hours old! i am frustrated. any help would be awesome!!!!

chance123

Threads
I have a 22hp Kawa that floods trying to start it. I try adjusting the choke, throttle ect. no luck. plugs are new. Also a HIGH amount of black carbon on plugs 10 hours old! i am frustrated. any help would be awesome!!!!

Check to see that your oil is not over filled. I know you said 10 hours old, but check your air filter. make sure it is or has not been wet. Liquid be it water or fuel on a paper element closes the cells and restricts the air flow giving your intake a too rich mixture, which would carbon up your spark plugs.

mjc3276

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check to see that your oil is not over filled. I know you said 10 hours old, but check your air filter. make sure it is or has not been wet. Liquid be it water or fuel on a paper element closes the cells and restricts the air flow giving your intake a too rich mixture, which would carbon up your spark plugs.

The oil is money. It has less than 10 hour as well. No water in carb. Gas is fresh, all filters are new and its garage kept. Ill change the filter regardless. The mower will not start even without a filter. Im going nuts.