kabota hyd rear end leaking

basstracker

Threads
hello everyone, i got a new to me kubota t1560. its been setting up for about five years. i cleaned carb and had to put a ignitor module, the 14 hp runs good. after mowing with it the rear end started leaking on the left side. i pulled the wheel off and it hasn't got a seal that you can see.i guess you have to take the rear end apart. is there anything i can add to the fluid to stop the seal from leaking?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
1654904302504.png
Item 370 is held by a snap ring item 420. Two each

Seal is PN K1211-81340 for with serial 40001 and up.

Older model before 40001 uses three seals on each side.
1654904535591.png
PN K1122-81530

basstracker

Threads
thanks for the help, iv'e got the older model so you have to split the trans. i was mowing today and the motor started cutting out and went dead, will not start back up. i checked the spark and its like before spark comes and goes. the motor won't start. i don't know if the new module went out or the coil.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you changed the spark plug to a known good spark plug. Plugs can appear to be working outside the compression zone but fail under compression. And new doesn't always mean good either. They also fail when heated. I had several plug to this in the last five years.

I even seen ignition system to work fine off load and then a load is present fail. Just repair a Honda engine on air compressor a few weeks ago where it would run fine until the air tank was nearly full. At that time the engine would shut and not restart until I bleed the tank pressure off. I ended having to replace the ignition coil. Years ago I had a similar problem when it was just the spark going bad to do the same thing,

basstracker

Threads
Are you changed the spark plug to a known good spark plug. Plugs can appear to be working outside the compression zone but fail under compression. And new doesn't always mean good either. They also fail when heated. I had several plug to this in the last five years.

I even seen ignition system to work fine off load and then a load is present fail. Just repair a Honda engine on air compressor a few weeks ago where it would run fine until the air tank was nearly full. At that time the engine would shut and not restart until I bleed the tank pressure off. I ended having to replace the ignition coil. Years ago I had a similar problem when it was just the spark going bad to do the same thing,
iv'e tried a couple new plugs, i ordered a new coil yesterday maybe thats it. thanks

basstracker

Threads
iv'e tried a couple new plugs, i ordered a new coil yesterday maybe thats it. thanks
got the new coil today and that fixed the motor it runs great. but now the trans started leaking out the bottom, its about even with where the brake leaver hooks up. looks like some type of vent or something. its about a one inch by 1/2 in and has 2 ribs going across. anyone know anything about this. thanks