K241 interchangeability?

Sean2202

Threads
Greetings,

I have a 1982 John Deere 210 that has a K241 engine. This machine has sat for a few years now and the mice got into it something bad. Before sitting I would use this mower occasionally for mowing and fall cleanups. When it ran it was a bit smokey but not terrible. Now after cleaning all the mice nests and nuts out of it, it has 35psi of compression and no spark condition. I removed the engine for further inspection and 3 out of the 4 motor mounts were collapsed and the motor had probably never been out before, unsure on the hours. I ordered new motor mounts for it.

My question is are all K241 engines compatible with this machine or are the mounts and shrouds different so they wont fit. How about the K301 K321 and K341? I do have a K341 engine that looks similar and has 75si compression. I have the service manual for the K engine and I do know someone that may have some good engines around for a swap if needed.

Thanks for any help
Sean

Romore

Threads
If I remember correctly the 341 has a larger footprint. There are also two styles of oil pan that are not interchangeable. Get the tape measure out.

Sean2202

Threads
I did measure the mounting holes on the bottom of the block on the K241 and K341 and they are similar. The size of the engines seem similar as well but the oil pans are different. I could modify or rebuild the old engine but am looking for simplicity here. If that exists.