Just got Bad Boy Avenger 60 inch deck

tobar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just got it. Man been cutting 5 acres on a hill with push mower. IN TEXAS. Not my finest moment. lol

Bertrrr

Threads
Been running a 54" Bad Boy for last 10 years - no complaints

Crabby Grass

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just got it. Man been cutting 5 acres on a hill with push mower. IN TEXAS. Not my finest moment. lol
I bought a 60 inch bad boy elite about 6 years ago. Though I really like it there were two problems with it. One was almost fatal to the mower.

First, it costs over $400 to replace the seat. After it had it only a year the wood base to the seat had rotted. Fortunately I was able to get some 5/8 marine plywood and replace that piece of plywood with more durable stuff and I haven't painted it. But it's important to keep that sucker out of the rain. And most of the rain my mower saw was sitting in the parking lot waiting for me to buy it.

The second problem was much more serious. It wasn't a design defect, but a manufacturing defect. That is, the bolt at the bottom of the motor shaft had fallen out at some point in time and the pulley/clutch slid down and slid down and slid down until it was vibrating enough to break the wire that controls the clutch.

I bought a new clutch and had to accept that a third of the shaft key slot was eaten up pretty bad. That was a couple of years ago and it's been fine ever since.

I cut nine acres.