Export thread

Just bought brand new husqvarna yth18542

C

CobraDriver

Hi every one, this is my very first riding mower, i get from lower, it will get delivery in 1 hours.

Husqvarna YTH18542 18.5-HP Hydrostatic 42-in Riding Lawn Mower with Mulching Capability

Anything I need set up and go thru before starting cut grass with it ? I read some where that it need to purge the transmission.... thank you.

M

mechanic mark

read all manuals before operating, check oil level on dipstick, make sure it has been greased & check tire air pressure.

C

CobraDriver

what tires pressure for the front and rear ? it dint say it on owner manual.

tom3

tom3

I usually run 12 in rear, 9 in front tires. I'd check them and see where they are when you first get the machine, if close to what I posted I go with it.

tom3

tom3

Also, if that machine dis-engages the blades when reversing I'd try to not do that very much while mowing. The constant repeated stop/start of the deck is really hard on the clutch, belts, etc.

C

CobraDriver

Also, if that machine dis-engages the blades when reversing I'd try to not do that very much while mowing. The constant repeated stop/start of the deck is really hard on the clutch, belts, etc.

if i turn the key to mow in reversing, it let me mow in reversing. that it better then ? and it let me going to reverse without engine shut off.

also yesterday, when i try reversing, my engine start to back fire and shut off. i dont know why it does that. it shouldnt .

H

helomech

if i turn the key to mow in reversing, it let me mow in reversing. that it better then ? and it let me going to reverse without engine shut off.

also yesterday, when i try reversing, my engine start to back fire and shut off. i dont know why it does that. it shouldnt .

More than likely the seat switch, if you ride forward on the seat it can pick up enough to disengage the switch.

M

mechanic mark

read all manuals before operating, check oil level on dipstick, make sure it has been greased & check tire air pressure.

http://www.husqvarna.com/ddoc/HUSO/HUSO2004_EUenAPen/HUSO2004_EUenAPen_YTH18542_532194962.pdf

see page 4 for tire pressures

see page 10 for mowing in reverse instructions