JS60 suddenly runs much higher RPM

mclark100

Forum Newbie
While mowing, all of a sudden engine surged to a much higher RPM like a race car and stayed running that way.

Was like cranking up the throttle, except it doesnt have a throttle.

It's 14 years old but well maintained, and running perfectly up till this happened.

I checked air filter, oil, plug - all okay.

Started it again today and same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
 
I would start by cleaning your carb. Once you do that if the problem still occurs then there is a bigger issue. Let us know.
 
Sounds like a governor problem.

Thanks for the tips... I figured out that I can adjust throttle by moving the small angled metal piece with the spring that's up and to the right of the primer bulb. It must moved while mowing under some bushes.

Ended up very simple...
 
Back
Top