Jonasard ride on advice

gerard35

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi ive a Jonasard ride on i got the dealer i bought it off to sharpen the blades, then when i took it out cutting i noticed the garden wasnt looking right and cutting, so i turned it up to see the blades, i noticed 1 of the blades were up the wrong way. so i got the ride back to the dealer he said the blades are bent and the cogs were worn bad, he said i had to pay 300 quid to fix it plus parts, the ride on is only 4 months old with 3 year warrenty.

should i pay it or what should i do. please help

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
hi ive a Jonasard ride on i got the dealer i bought it off to sharpen the blades, then when i took it out cutting i noticed the garden wasnt looking right and cutting, so i turned it up to see the blades, i noticed 1 of the blades were up the wrong way. so i got the ride back to the dealer he said the blades are bent and the cogs were worn bad, he said i had to pay 300 quid to fix it plus parts, the ride on is only 4 months old with 3 year warrenty.

should i pay it or what should i do. please help

Something doesn't sound right here. The dealer put one of the blades on wrong and now wants to charge you to put it on right? When I sharpen mower blades I check them for not being bent and I have no idea what he is talking about with the cogs? Maybe the blades are timed? Now if you had hit something and bent a blade yes you pay. You should know if you hit something so hard it bent a blade. I don't know very much about Ireland as warranty laws go or what 300 quid is in US dollars. If it is small money it wouldn't be worth fighting and be cheaper to install new blades yourself.

gerard35

Forum Newbie
Threads
Something doesn't sound right here. The dealer put one of the blades on wrong and now wants to charge you to put it on right? When I sharpen mower blades I check them for not being bent and I have no idea what he is talking about with the cogs? Maybe the blades are timed? Now if you had hit something and bent a blade yes you pay. You should know if you hit something so hard it bent a blade. I don't know very much about Ireland as warranty laws go or what 300 quid is in US dollars. If it is small money it wouldn't be worth fighting and be cheaper to install new blades yourself.
so dont pay get a solicater

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
so dont pay get a solicater

Don't know what a attorney charges in your country but here its big $'s. What dose a new set of blades cost? Use your head. Some things are not worth getting that upset over. Right here is the very reason I do my own repairs warranty or not.

gerard35

Forum Newbie
Threads
Don't know what a attorney charges in your country but here its big $'s. What dose a new set of blades cost? Use your head. Some things are not worth getting that upset over. Right here is the very reason I do my own repairs warranty or not.

its the parts are costing 250 euro and it wasnt my fault and i have to pay

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
its the parts are costing 250 euro and it wasnt my fault and i have to pay

I don't know the money exchange so this is hard for me to understand. A set of blades here in the US run around 50 dollars. I have to agree it sure sounds like poor dealer service but it also sounds like he has the upper hand on this. I would say avoid this dealer in the future and find a different repair shop. I find that mower blades are a yearly maintenance thing that need sharping or replacing. We have shops over here that will sharpen your blades if you take them off and bring them to them. When a customer bring me a mower to have the blades sharpen, I remove, clean, sharpen, balance and reinstall.