John Deere Tractor will not start

JDLX176Tall

Forum Newbie
I've replaced the solenoid and now it cranks. I earlier changed plug, 20 amp fuses, oil, filter, fuel filter, air filter and gas. Now, it cranks but will not turn over. Doesn't appear to have a spark. Its a LX176 Kawasaki mower engine, 1994.
 
I'd say the coil is finished. Get a new one and try that.

Everything you've already done hasn't been done in vain though, as that will all help keep the engine running better and healthier when it does start.
 
Mower cant crank but not turn over. It's not firing up is what you mean I am assuming. Check the fire first and make certain there is no spark. If there is spark, spray some starter fluid/carb cleaner into the carb and see if it starts and dies, if so, you may need to clean the carb out. I am guessing the mower has sat for a little while.
 
Back
Top