John Deere Technical Manuals

Glyn Robinson

Threads
would be nice to have the manual for my 1994 JD 320 lawn tractor. the original manual is in bad shape.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
would be nice to have the manual for my 1994 JD 320 lawn tractor. the original manual is in bad shape.
A John Deere Technical Manual for $50 is a deal, most JD Technical Manuals are well over $100.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
A John Deere Technical Manual for $50 is a deal, most JD Technical Manuals are well over $100.
Sorry the TM1426 and the TM1591 can be downloaded all day long for $14.95 for the digital copies (not photocopied versions) if you want the Lawn Tractor versions. Now there are the regular tractors and crawlers manuals can be a little higher. I can even get the JD 330 excavator manual for $14.95.

I just love it when when someone thinks $50 is the best price for one these manuals.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As a detective seargent riding friend of used to say.
If good clean honest hard working law abiding people like you would stop buying stolen goods there would be no more property thieft.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Those items are not stolen and are legally distributed digital copies. I even purchase the TM109119 on CD disk for $37.95 direct from the dealer back in April 2020 which I can now get the digital copy for as low as $18.95. But I was needing it as the customer was commercial client and I was needing to bypass three of the computer circuits.

Here is Snipped copy of the invoice just to prove the $37.95 price I paid not counting shipping.
CD Manual.JPG

Now of course that same dealer now has it for $156.00 as I just checked. Sometimes it pays to catch things on sale.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Btw Bert I definitely don't like being accused of being a thief. Hell I was already jumped on by the management for things that I wasn't doing which is why I no longer provide any technical support of this forum, just hints. Nor do I accept PMs or emails from this forum. I just stick around mainly for the laughs. And some days I laugh myself silly by reading how off the wall some of the replies are.

I could tell where you can find many of these manuals and even could provide copies of nearly 250 Stihl SMs and IPLs but I won't. I also could post a link to the freely distributed copy of the TM1591 service manual but I won't. I did however download myself a copy for later use.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry Star,
It just happens that $ 14.95 is the price the web site "Trade Bit" charges for fencing stolen IP from companies .
SO there was a conclusion waiting to be jumped to .
Now some of them ( like Stihl ) actually deserve it becuse they make the information impossible for Joe Average to get their hands on .
However the JD manuals are freely available at quite a reasonable cost considering the quality of the manuals .
I also am a bit on the OK side with sharing of manuals between owners
But I am against people downloading some one else's work the selling it for their own personal gain, which is thieft.

The manuals I used to write all had tell tales in them so the publisher could determine exactly which copies were scanned & downloaded for profit .
They actively prosecute people for doing this and rightfully so .
I learned this trick from a customer who wrote confidental reports for private enterprise & annual returns
However the courts will only find in their favour if the person has been selling them , they can not get a prosecution up for some one giving them away to an individual.
They did have a brat ( he was 14 ) who after being prossecuted for IP thieft went out in a rage and uploaded all of the companies manuals he had acquired every where that he could.
So a new case got raised at district court level .
His parents got slapped with a massive fine and he was then considered an uncontrollable child so his 12 months of community service became 2 years of juvenile detention and his parents had to do councelling before they would be allowed to take him home again.
The fact that he swore hjs head off at the judge, spat at him did not help matters at all.

And for WIW 2 of the JD manuals I have on file were a direct transfer from an individual , so no sale and the others were all bought from JD
Better than $ 1000 worth of them but they have made me at least 3 times that amount as the local JD shop will not allow a mower to leave unless it is running in as "good as new " condition which at $ 150 /.hr ain't cheap.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I dealt with the local JD dealer repair shop here. There have been multiple times they failed to provide reasonable service or actual repairs.

One time they were telling the customer his Z925A's engine didn't even have an oil pump when it clearly did if they only look-up the Kawasaki engine on JDParts. They told customer just to keep using and to ignore the flashing oil pressure light; although, it keep shutting down because of an indicated oil pressure drop. The problem turn out to be a bad oil pressure sender. BTW I know of a place where I can look up JD mounted Kawasaki engines so I get the Kawasaki part numbers instead of JD part numbers and then I can order them through my Kawasaki parts distributor. So far I only found one propriety Kawasaki part on the JD mounted engines and that was a tank mounted fuel filter.

The next problem with the same mower they couldn't even find a loose connection at the carburetor that causing the mower to shutdown. After a month in the JD the customer pulled the mower and brought it to me which I had going in less than 15 minutes.

That customer would not even let the dealer's repair shop touch his new mower that was under warranty because of this. He rather pay me the labor and get parts replaced under warranty.

And here is real kicker. They are Stihl a dealer that couldn't even find the problem on a HS56 that had a runaway problem (under warranty at the time). Just return it saying nothing was wrong with it. They didn't even have the spark plug connected when it was returned. The unit was hitting well over 14,000 rpm when it was spark limited to 9500 rpm. They couldn't even find a bad spark plug that was causing it to diesel. Nor did the tech know how to do a pressure/vac which I asked to be done.

So do I have a lot confidence in the local dealer's repair shop with supposedly factory trained techs? No I don't.

I actually go out my way to buy parts from another dealer outside the local network where I can actually get a discount on parts and don't have to pay ridiculous shipping rates.