Export thread

John Deere LA 100 and D 100 Series Blades

S

SeniorCitizen

Has anyone ever found side discharge ( only ) blades for these 100 series tractors? They come standard with a combination discharge / mulch blade and don't do either very well.

I had a part number note on my phone a few days ago someone posted but upgraded phones and lost the number. IIR the P/N started with an Axxxx.

EDIT: I believe I may have found them.
John Deere Hi Lift (Bagger) Mower Blades (42-inch cut)(Set of 2) - AM141034

M

mechanic mark

Type in part AM141034 at Lowes & check price.

S

SeniorCitizen

According to the picture they are the same as what comes on a new mower. ie, they have a second negative wing that counter acts the discharge wing like they are attempting to make them a dual purpose blade. That's what I'm attempting to get away from.

Thanks for the link and that confirms why I'll have them in my hand rather than ordering because green parts store and lowes show different blades having the same part number.

B

bertsmobile1

have a look through theses
Blades for John Deere

lots of plain high lift blades

J

Jhon

I have 3 separate John Deere brand blades for my LA 42 inch deck. The 3n1's that came with it. Mulch blades and hi-Lift blades. But, they all sit on the shelf and I run with my Gators. You should have no problem finding the part numbers for the JD blades at greenpartsstore.com and the gators at any tractor supply store.
As far as the hi-lift blades go, they do not recommend using them without a bagger..

"Important: Use of this blade without the rear bagging attachment will result in an unnecessary load on the engine and produce poor grass dispersal."

S

SeniorCitizen

I have 3 separate John Deere brand blades for my LA 42 inch deck. The 3n1's that came with it. Mulch blades and hi-Lift blades. But, they all sit on the shelf and I run with my Gators. You should have no problem finding the part numbers for the JD blades at greenpartsstore.com and the gators at any tractor supply store.
As far as the hi-lift blades go, they do not recommend using them without a bagger..

"Important: Use of this blade without the rear bagging attachment will result in an unnecessary load on the engine and produce poor grass dispersal."

Does your hi lift have the number on them AM141034 ?

J

Jhon

Does your hi lift have the number on them AM141034 ?

Yes, Those are the ones. They are great for bagging. It was like night and day when I went from y OEM 3n1's to these. No more shoot clogs.

S

SeniorCitizen

Yes, Those are the ones. They are great for bagging. It was like night and day when I went from y OEM 3n1's to these. No more shoot clogs.

Thanks Jhon
Being I have a lowes about 30 miles away I'll stop and check with them the next trip that direction to see if they are screwed up with their numbers. The picture they show definitely are not hi lift blades.

Shop John Deere 2-Pack 42-in Bagging Mower Blades at Lowes.com

S

szyg6h

Thanks Jhon
Being I have a lowes about 30 miles away I'll stop and check with them the next trip that direction to see if they are screwed up with their numbers. The picture they show definitely are not hi lift blades.

Shop John Deere 2-Pack 42-in Bagging Mower Blades at Lowes.com

I checked eBay and dealers with the partnumber for the high lift and ended up ordering from Lowes- had to special order

S

SeniorCitizen

I checked eBay and dealers with the partnumber for the high lift and ended up ordering from Lowes- had to special order
Some day when you have time could you post the Lows special order number.

S

shiftsuper175607

Or call our Customer Care team at 1-800-44-LOWES
(1-800-445-6937) between the hours of 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. ET Monday to Saturday or 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET on Sunday.

this is the only number I saw

S

szyg6h

Here. Also known as bagging blades. Shop John Deere 2-Pack 42-in Bagging Mower Blades at Lowes.com

Same number someone provided above.

S

szyg6h

Here. Also known as bagging blades. Shop John Deere 2-Pack 42-in Bagging Mower Blades at Lowes.com

I was buying the 3 blade set for my 48" deck, but what you want are the bagging blade/high lift blade

S

SeniorCitizen

I've been attempting to tell you folks those pictured in the link ARE NOT bagging hi-lift blades.

S

SeniorCitizen

I visited my JD dealer today and saw first hand what is available from the dealer. The blades that come standard on the 100 series lawn tractors are called mulching, discharge , bagging. They would be taxed to their limit to bag goose down. The other available set of blades from the dealer are called bagging and yes look as if they are for bagging.

Here is the kicker. I didn't weigh the blades but had each in my hand and I can say without a doubt the bagging blade weighs half again more than the standard 3 in 1 blade.

I cannot recommend the heavier bagging blade for a 100 series lawn tractor. There are just some things that don't feel right sometimes and this is one of those times.

In my opinion JD is making a mistake offering those heavy blades for their lawn tractor. They belong on a heavier machine.