John deere L110 hard to push manual pto engagement

Ineedhelp2021

Threads
So I got a john deere l110 this past summer and I noticed it was very hard to push the pto lever to engage the pto. I wasnt sure if it was supposed to be this way because this was my first manual pto riding mower rather than electric. I just feel like in the videos I watch it is like nothing pushing that lever up. - Thank you

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two reasons for this
1) PTO belt is too short
2) lever has come loose under the dash
Both of these are very common as the belt on the manual is longer than the belt on the electric

Ineedhelp2021

Threads
Okay, I thought it might have been the belt also because when I bought it used I couldn't tell if it had an OEM or aftermarket belt on it but I went on amazon this past summer and bought a belt so I could do a tune up on it that was not OEM and when I put it on it was so tight the blades were moving when it wasn't engaged. After that whole experience I bought a John Deere belt but have yet to put it on and next weekend I was planning on greasing the spindles so I will probably change the belt while I am under there. If its not the belt I will definitely look into tightening that lever up. Thank you so much!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
if the belt is already tight enough the blades are moving, that lever is going to be hard to move. The belt part number for the 42" L110 deck should be GX20072 or you can use a Stens 265-826 belt, according to their cross reference.

Ineedhelp2021

Threads
No, no sorry my text above is confusing but the belt that was so tight that the blades were moving was removed and replaced by the old belt.

Ineedhelp2021

Threads
Sorry I left that piece of information out.