Mower deck john deere ez225 deck

itileat

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a jd ez 225 2 years ago. the deck is about as strong as a soda can. piece of junk, live and learn. can anyone tell me if there is some kind of aftermarket deck available, hate to pay John Deere $500 for another piece of scrap medal. don't mind $200 or so but their price is too much. Or has anyone found a good solid deck which does not take much modification which will fit on this mower? Any help is greatly appreciated

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I purchased a jd ez 225 2 years ago. the deck is about as strong as a soda can. piece of junk, live and learn. can anyone tell me if there is some kind of aftermarket deck available, hate to pay John Deere $500 for another piece of scrap medal. don't mind $200 or so but their price is too much. Or has anyone found a good solid deck which does not take much modification which will fit on this mower? Any help is greatly appreciated

How much area are you mowing with that JD??? When I was ZTR shopping last fall, I was pretty disappointed that the John Deere ZTR's that cost $5k-$7k(range I was looking to buy) were all Residential models and all had 10gauge stamped decks. The other brands in that price range had 7gauge fabricated decks. The JD salesman tried to convince me that JD research proved that the shape of a stamped deck gave a "better cut quality" than a fab deck(but I didn't believe that for a minute, because the $10k up JD's had.........you guessed it....a fabricated deck). IMHO, if you are mowing more than a 1/2 to 3/4 acre lot with that EZ225 it's simply not up to the task. If I were you, I would try to seell that EZ225 for what I could get for it, write the loss off and buy a heavier duty ZTR mower. Sorry, wished I could help you find a cheaper deck(I don't think anything except a JD deck will work on their mowers:0(

itileat

Forum Newbie
Threads
How much area are you mowing with that JD??? When I was ZTR shopping last fall, I was pretty disappointed that the John Deere ZTR's that cost $5k-$7k(range I was looking to buy) were all Residential models and all had 10gauge stamped decks. The other brands in that price range had 7gauge fabricated decks. The JD salesman tried to convince me that JD research proved that the shape of a stamped deck gave a "better cut quality" than a fab deck(but I didn't believe that for a minute, because the $10k up JD's had.........you guessed it....a fabricated deck). IMHO, if you are mowing more than a 1/2 to 3/4 acre lot with that EZ225 it's simply not up to the task. If I were you, I would try to seell that EZ225 for what I could get for it, write the loss off and buy a heavier duty ZTR mower. Sorry, wished I could help you find a cheaper deck(I don't think anything except a JD deck will work on their mowers:0(

I am mowing around 2 ac. Appreciate the advice, I was hoping to find an out other than a newer better mower, but I agree, need to move on. Thanks