John Deere dies when put in gear

dakotanut

Threads
Just a feeler to see if anyone has a clue that will help get this thing running faster for this family. The mom just got out of the hospital after 2 months of being in for cancer. Lucky, very lucky. I was told it was bought about a year ago at Lowes. So, it's pretty new. She told me that the knob just to the right of the steering wheel was replaced or needs to be. She told me that it uses fuel really badly. So, running rich I presume. Any and all help would be awesome. When I know more I'll sure post it up. Wanna see if this is a known problem.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
You will need to post up the engine/type numbers, and do a compression test.

PJ

Threads
Just a feeler to see if anyone has a clue that will help get this thing running faster for this family. The mom just got out of the hospital after 2 months of being in for cancer. Lucky, very lucky. I was told it was bought about a year ago at Lowes. So, it's pretty new. She told me that the knob just to the right of the steering wheel was replaced or needs to be. She told me that it uses fuel really badly. So, running rich I presume. Any and all help would be awesome. When I know more I'll sure post it up. Wanna see if this is a known problem.

Hi
Lets see if we can get your machine running. First lets obtain more info. Is it at all possible to provide us with info like model number year of manufactring what make of engine briggson Stratton or Yamaha. Meantime you could give the battery a good charge

Regards
PJ

dakotanut

Threads
I do know it is a Briggs and Stratton. I have no model numbers or anything. It's not real close to me at the moment. I will have my wife ask them for all of that tomorrow and I'll post it on here. Thanks for replies.